PDA

View Full Version : Capped with TT and a barren flop

CostaRicaBill
08-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Table is pretty LAG.

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

I raise to see where I'm at, if SB 3 bets I'm gone.

Turn: (12.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets $5.5 (All-In)</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

I don't take this bet to mean much, UTG+1 was pretty LAG and was going all-in anyway. But should I have just folded here?

River: (15.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15.25 BB, between MP3, Hero and UTG+1.</font>

J.R.
08-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Raise the turn to fold sb's overcards, create a sidepot with MP3 and perhaps take a free showdown if you wish (But I would be betting most river cards headsup with MP3).

Not sure what you flop comment meant but 1) if sb 3-bets you you have the odds to try to hit a set and 2) if the table is LAG and the pot is huge you might want to consider getting to a showdown with an overpair, even in the face of a flop 3-bet from the sb.

StellarWind
08-16-2004, 02:43 PM
Coldcalling preflop is a good alternative to 3-betting. Most of the reasons for 3-betting don't apply here:

1. You already have the Button.

2. You cannot expect to play heads up with a limper in the pot.

3. You don't figure to have the best hand because PFR is usually an overpair (ouch) or two overcards (tie). If MP3 is so LAG that this is not true, ignore me and raise.

4. An important reason to play is the hope of hitting a set. You really have no incentive to limit the field.

Calling reduces the cost of playing a hand that you are not especially likely to win.

You cannot fold the flop to a 3-bet. You have pot odds to call and draw for a set.

Raise the turn to try and force SB out. Looks like he has AK. This also starts a side pot. Even if all-in has you beat, you can make some money by playing the turn and river against SB and MP3 who don't seem to have made their hands yet.

TerraUbrett
08-17-2004, 11:17 AM
Don't know if i understand the preflop 3 bet with 10s. Even at a LAG table, seems like you would be looking to hit trips with a lot of callers in pre-flop. If SB 3 Bets on flop, i agree that you have to stay in.

Victor
08-17-2004, 12:12 PM
RAISE THE ALLIN BET.

Even if he hit his J you likely have the rest beat so start a side pot.

THEN BET THE RIVER