PDA

View Full Version : When should I have known I was beat?

filsho
08-16-2004, 11:25 AM
Here are a couple hands from the home game I played in last night, tourney style. Tourney only pays top 2, these hands are all with 3 left.

Hand 1
Blinds 20/40, 3 handed. I have about twice the chips the BB has. (let's call em 1500, 600). I'm on the button, dealt 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and limp in.
SB folds, BB checks.
Flop
3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB checks, I bet 80. BB calls.

Turn
2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB checks, I bet 120, BB calls.

River
5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB hesitates, checks, then says, "oops I wnated to bet" (yeah..seriously), so I check.
Results: <font color="white">
I have a pair of tens, 8 kicker
BB has J clubs 10 clubs, tens w/Jack kicker. </font>

Hand 2
Still 3 handed, blinds still 20/40, again on the button. Stacks are about 1200 for the both of us.
I'm dealt 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I reaise to 120.
SB folds
BB calls (same person I was against previously)
Flop comes
3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB checks, I bet 100. BB calls.
Turn
J /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, I bet 100. BB calls.
River
4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bets 100. I call.

I have 6 6, one pair, sixes
BB shows AJ, one pair, jacks </font>

Hand 3
Blinds are 40/80, the villian has me covered by now, about 800 to 1500. Again, I'm on the button against the same person in the BB.

Dealt K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
I raise to 180. SB folds, BB calls.
Flop comes
3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, I bet 120. BB calls.

Turn
5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bets 100, I call.

River
9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB checks, I check.
I have a pair of kings.
BB shows 3 3 for trip 3s. </font>

Anyone wanna help me out here? I wasn't too far behind the big stack before I ran up against these 3 hands, all within about 15 minutes. Crippled me, had to go into all-in/fold mode &amp; didn't get cards, got blinded away pretty much.

Cleveland Guy
08-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Hand #1 - you played fine. Good chance your beat when he calls the turn bet, and says he wanted to be the river. But you check it down and don't give up any more chips

Hand #2 - you gotta know your beat by the river. There are 2 over cards, and a straight possibility on the board. He called your previous bets, and finally leads out? Good time to fold.

Hand #3 - I think he played this well against you. Sets are very tricky. Good call to check the river - he will fold if he missed his hand, and raise you on a set any time.

Well played hands - just took some beats.

tripdad
08-19-2004, 06:04 PM
hand 1: i would fold this most of the time, and raise the rest. never limp in from the button.

hand 2: make a 2/3 pot size bet, or whatever your standard flop bet is. if he calls, check behind on the turn and fold to a sizeable river bet, call a small one.

hand 3: i'm going broke on this one. i push on the flop. once you make a bet, you are pot committed. not to mention you have TPGK. you are not folding under any circumstances, so put your opponent to the test. very rarely will you not have the best hand here.

cheers!