PDA

View Full Version : KQo

Trix
08-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $4.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.66 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (4.33 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero ?

Preflop/flop good ?

Tosh
08-16-2004, 09:39 AM
Did you consider raising the flop? On the turn after the action I lead out.

Trix
08-16-2004, 09:43 AM
Not at the time, but it looks like I should have.

mikeyKay
08-16-2004, 09:49 AM
i would agree, and say that i also like raising the flop. its a pretty scary board, and i wouldn't want runner runner clubs to take the pot. i would also lead out the turn after the perfect card comes out.

-mike

Trix
08-16-2004, 04:54 PM
Turn got checked through ://

I bet river x, UTG raised, Button folded, I 3bet and UTG called with 87

Guy McSucker
08-17-2004, 06:05 AM
This hand has been buggin me overnight.

Preflop looks fine to me.

On the flop, I am tempted to fold. I have no way of knowing where I am: I could be winning (unlikely), I could have 14 outs if all my pair and straight outs are good, or I could be in serious trouble against a J and a flush draw. Given that the J could well be KJ, QJ or J9, I'm in the unpleasant double bind of reverse implied odds and redraws.

Clearly this is a worst-case scenario, but it does truly suck.

The pot is kind of small. I just can't be bothered with the headache of it all when out of position. I really don't like check-raising the flop with all this danger around. I might have led at the flop, and then if it gets raised behind me I'll have a clearer picture but also a bigger pot to fight for. Having checked the flop, I think I'll just fold.

But I think it's close!

Guy.

Saborion
08-17-2004, 10:01 AM
The problem with checking the turn is that you don't know what the button bet the flop with. It could've been a T, a J, a flush draw, a bluff attempt. Unless it was a J, I doubt he'll bet again after being called in two spots on that board. And with a bit of luck, he bet a J, in which case you'll get to 3-bet, which I have to assume is the best way to play it if he raise the turn? Surely we can't fear a boat already?