PDA

View Full Version : 88 in MP (5/10)

vector
08-16-2004, 09:32 AM
BB is a super fish, CO is an unknown quantity. His 3 bet preflop worries me somewhat.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (16 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 19 BB, between BB, Hero and CO.</font>

What line would you take?

Thanks.

spydog
08-16-2004, 09:40 AM
This line looks good to me. I don't like the fact that CO stuck around for the river after calling 2 cold on the turn. I also don't like the fact that BB led the turn, but I can't believe he has trip 2s or a boat, since he would have 3-bet that. You are probably beat to a higher pocket pair, but have to call the river with the pot so big.

fyodor
08-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Great flop for you but a lot of overcards beat you with 2 to come, hence instead of going for the checkraise I bet out on the flop and hope the CO raises forcing the blinds to call 2 cold. The checkraise isn't folding anyone and only builds the pot so that anyone picking up a draw on the turn has more reason to see the river.

Zele
08-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Bet the flop and hope to be raised by overcards. I don't like the c/r at all. You want to get HU here. No straight or flush draws, but any overcard except an 8 can (and probably will, 4-handed) hurt you.

Given that, I would play the rest of the hand the same way.

Schneids
08-16-2004, 11:43 AM
I'd only checkraise the flop against a known LAG who I fully assume will 3-bet my check raise. Otherwise, I think you've gotta bet out on the flop.

vector
08-16-2004, 03:27 PM
CO had QQ and BB called 2 cold with 72 for a flopped fullhouse.

Consensus seems to be bet out on the flop, I agree with that in retrospect. At the time I was worried about CO having a big pair so checked, then decided I was being too weak so check raised... oh well, live and learn.

tripdad
08-16-2004, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CO had QQ and BB called 2 cold with 72 for a flopped fullhouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess he figured with a raise and re-raise, his 7 and 2 were drawing live. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif was it Bbbarry? i hear he defends w/10-3offsuit regularly.

cheers!

fyodor
08-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Calling 2 cold was probably the BB's smallest mistake in this hand. Unbelievable play on pretty much every street.

joker122
08-16-2004, 05:18 PM
edit: nevermind, i see it now.