PDA

View Full Version : weak turn fold?

vector
08-16-2004, 09:15 AM
UTG is very loose preflop (VPIP 52%).

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds.

River: (9 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8 BB, won by UTG.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, between BB and UTG.</font>

UTG had A6 and I folded the winning hand.

Feedback appreciated.

Thanks.

spydog
08-16-2004, 09:55 AM
I don't think I ever fold this on the turn with 8BB in the pot and 1 opponent. I would call down. Is your hand history messed up? I don't see who the 3rd player is on the turn.

fyodor
08-16-2004, 11:05 AM
Go out and buy yourself a copy of Small Stakes Hold 'em by Ed Miller. It is written with loose full ring games in mind but the style of play it emphasizes applies to the Party SH 5/10 big time. Read it once and you will never fold here again.

vector
08-16-2004, 11:11 AM
This book is on my list, last time I checked it wasn't out in the UK yet.

Thanks for the feedback.

vector
08-16-2004, 11:13 AM
The BB was disconnected on the flop, this isn't clear from the converted hand history, sorry.

Thanks for the feedback.