PDA

View Full Version : Too Aggresive?

Vern
08-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Table is loose for Stars and loose overall.

SB is seeing every flop and likes to open/bet the flop with any two cards.
MP1 is passive pre-flop and postflop seeing about 2/3rds of the flops.
CO was a passive maniac, just calling down over 90% of all hands to the river.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed)
Props to Bison for his converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

<font color="blue"> Is this an auto-cap against this cast of loose characters or should the fact a loose passive player is three betting me be setting off alarms in my head? </font>

Turn: (12 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> Good place to slow down, too late or should I be re-raising because of the other two just putting money in the pot? </font>

River: (20 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> Easy call here at 21:1 and the middle two folding. </font>

As always, any and all criticism of any part of the hand greatly appreciated.

flexus
08-16-2004, 09:00 AM
Is this an auto-cap against this cast of loose characters or should the fact a loose passive player is three betting me be setting off alarms in my head?

I think so yes. I call that three bet and check call to SD. With a very good read on the players as anexraordinay passive player I think you might even be right to fold the turn for more than one bet.

The thing is that these are passive players. You should play aggressively with many hands as long as they don't play back at you. Because they are passive players, their raising (and 3-betting) requirements are prolly very high.

Nottom
08-16-2004, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MP1 is passive pre-flop and postflop seeing about 2/3rds of the flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is your read, I'm not sure capping is automatic.