PDA

View Full Version : River 3-Bet

Scotch78
08-16-2004, 04:37 AM
First off, my thanks to whoever started an earlier thread about raising from the blinds w/ AJ. I wouldn't have done it here otherwise. No read on my opponent. My main question is whether 3-betting the river was a good play, but I'd also like to know if anybody plays this one slower on the flop. Thanx.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP folds, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

chezlaw
08-16-2004, 04:41 AM
3-betting the river is good.

The Setup
08-16-2004, 04:53 AM
No I wouldn't play this slower on the flop, you are the pre-flop and checking here would look a bit suspiscious anyway. I think you played this one well and I'd definately 3-bet the river. More often than not you will be up against a weaker 2-pair.