PDA

View Full Version : Really bad cards in BB

CarlNiclas
08-16-2004, 03:45 AM
Ok, I played this hand yesterday at Party $5-10 and I was wondering if I should have pushed it more.

The three people involved exluding me in the BB are the SB, MP1 and MP2. SB was irrelevant in the hand, but both MP1 and MP2 were pretty loose, seeing around 40-50% of all flops. MP2 was far more aggressive. They both went too far on post-flop and I thought that MP2 often folded for one bet on the River.

Hero is dealt 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in BB

Preflop is called by MP1, MP2 and completed by SB. BB checks.

Four to the flop for 4 sb:
9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, hero bets, MP1 calls, MP2 raises, SB folds, hero calls, MP1 calls.

Should I have reraised here? I didn't because I didn't want to loose MP1. On the other hand, if I did loose him and a third spade would fall on the turn/river, I might be able to get MP2 to fold to a bluff flush. On the other hand, given the hand I had, the only good outs were three non-spade sixes (for the nuts) and three non-spade Jacks (for a good straight). I didn't really count my T as a full overcard out.

The rest of the hand was pretty straight forward (in white):

<font color="white">(forgive the pun) The 3 of hearts fell on the turn, I checked, MP1 checked, MP2 bet, we both called. The river was J of diamonds, I checked, MP1 checked, MP2 bet, I raised, MP1 folded, MP2 reraised, I capped, MP2 called.</font>

bisonbison
08-16-2004, 03:47 AM
I don't think you can 3-bet the flop for value.

I'd bet the river. Given that you check-raised, I'd just call the 3-bet.

CarlNiclas
08-16-2004, 04:36 AM
Ok, that is interesting, what would I gain by betting the river?

bisonbison
08-16-2004, 04:37 AM
MP1 will find it easier to call 1 BB than 2 and there's no danger of it getting checked through.

CarlNiclas
08-16-2004, 07:06 AM
I suppose so. Than makes sense.

If MP2 raises my bet, should I reraise or just call, hoping for an overcall from MP1 too? I suppose that is the best to just call since I don't risk getting capped by MP2 then.