PDA

View Full Version : AQs in a raised pot

JEM7VSBL
08-16-2004, 02:16 AM
I've been sitting at this table for a pretty long time. BB is a LAG.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: JEM is UTG+2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, JEM calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, JEM calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

my raises have been folded around all night, so i limp in with UTG+1.

Flop: (12 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">JEM raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, JEM calls.

i raise to isolate BB. with his 3bet, do i put him on AK here? he did raise from the BB, so AA or AK is likely.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, JEM calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, JEM calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, between BB and JEM.</font>

i couldn't get myself to fold here with that big of a pot, and called him down. what do you all think?

Garland
08-16-2004, 03:13 AM
I think you should raise preflop. Once in a blue moon, you might consider limping with AQs or AKs because of its drawing power, but you should really make raising this a standard. Maybe you already know this.

Once he 3-bets you on the flop, I would have kicker concerns, yes. Call him down. Expect to see anything from AK to AJ or maybe an ambitious KK, QQ or a set perhaps. I think you will win or chop about as often as you lose this pot though.

You cannot even dream of folding along the way.

Garland