PDA

View Full Version : wait to the turn to raise, even tho I might be behind?

Alobar
08-16-2004, 12:05 AM
live 6/12 game, 6 handed. Loose table, but not exactly passive, but not overly aggresive either (heh)

I get AKo UTG+1

UTG calls, I raise, everyone except the button calls

Flop (10 SB and 5 handed) K /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif (my AK is neither suit)

UTG bets, I call, everyone behind calls

Turn: (7BB still 5 handed) 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG bets, I raise, everyone folds to UTG who 3 bets, I call

River (13BB) 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG bets, I call

I know people say not to post your thoughts on the hand, but I'd like critique on my thoughts just as much as how I played the hand.

I'm not getting anyone with a Q or a heart draw to fold, and a flop raise really doesnt offer anyone incorrect odds to call except maybe a guthsot, but there are only two (98 and 87) and with the looseness of the table, they prolly arnt folding them anyway, There are a bazzilion cards I dont want to see on the turn and a raise here might well ruin my chance to protect on the turn. So I decided to wait and raise if a blank fell. Yes? no? I even thought about folding the flop, I've got 4 outs to the str8 (but prolly to half the pot) I dont want to see an A, so really there are only 2 cards in the deck I want to see (K) and about 20 I dont, would this have been bad?

I figure I'm behind to the str8 on the turn, but the pot is big enough I can't fold, right?

let me have it

fsuplayer
08-16-2004, 12:11 AM
Good hand and great thought processes...well except for this one maybe...

I even thought about folding the flop

Are you by any chance a NL player? I ask bc you would lay this down very often in NL, but NEVER in limit (to that betting pattern anyways).

He might very well have KQ, although I doubt you would have posted it if thats the case /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

well played

fsuplayer

JasonP530
08-16-2004, 06:32 AM
excellent thoughts, and excellent play, although his turn 3 bet makes me want to throwup. With his limp in EP, you almost have to be behind, given your preflop raise and raise on the turn. You could have KKK, and he doesnt seem to care, looks like he limped with AQ, but 2 pair is min

Zele
08-16-2004, 08:43 AM
I like your line. And no way would I fold the flop.

chio
08-16-2004, 09:04 AM
perfectly played