PDA

View Full Version : Q8s. Party 3/6.

nepenthe
08-15-2004, 10:51 PM
Table was loose and pretty passive.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: nepenthe is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, nepenthe calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, nepenthe calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, nepenthe calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, nepenthe calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.50 BB, between CO, MP1 and nepenthe.</font>

Shrooms? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Trix
08-15-2004, 10:56 PM
I fold preflop and raise the flop.

sthief09
08-15-2004, 10:57 PM
ironically raising the flop would've probably gotten you a lot more action. with all those draws and middle cards out, it's likely they'll call with anything for $6. most of them draw drawing dead or to runner-runner, so do what makes you money and raise the flop.

sure, it's a small pot and your hand isn't vulnerable at all really, but the most important part about slowplaying is that you'll actually make more money by doing it. in this case, you probably lost money by slowplaying.

I really hate the preflop call but that's not important here. it's most important to realize that you'll get plenty of action by raising the flop.

nepenthe
08-15-2004, 11:02 PM
Hey sthief, good to see you back in the forums. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

BeerMoney
08-15-2004, 11:08 PM
PF call is close I guess, but I think you could maybe raise the river. You had no postion on the raiser, so I think "drafting" is reasonable here. I would say that by the river you could figure some of the others were on draws that they missed, so you could count on getting more in with a raise. not sure though!

Garland
08-16-2004, 03:07 AM
I'd fold Q8s in your spot preflop.

I think we're missing a raise somewhere. I know you're going for overcalls, but by the river, I think you should attempt to get some action going.

Garland