PDA

View Full Version : A7s from the button, flop bet ok or check it? cap the river?

RustyCJ
08-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (4 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (4 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10 BB, between Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (10 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 9c Jc (flush, jack high).
Hero shows 7c Ac (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 10 BB. </font>

Flop is 2 suited but raggedy for connectors, checked to me, I bet to see if I could possibly win it or at least eliminate some competition.

3 calls on the flop, turn brings a good but also possibly bad card if someone was slowplaying a set or something like 42 from the BB. River gives me my flush, I was a little nervous about the paired board and didn't cap because of it.

Nottom
08-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Its only one more bet, if he slowplayed and got you then i guess it worked ou tfor him.

I think its more likely you are against a naked 2, a straight, or a smaller flush than a boat so I go ahead and cap.

SoCalPat
08-16-2004, 02:00 AM
I haven't read the results, so here goes.

I would cap. The turn check, preceded by a flop check/call, makes no sense unless he has an absolute monster -- 22 being the most obvious -- and is unwisely not betting by trying to keep people in.

Since I don't believe in monsters, I would go ahead and cap.

READING RESULTS

You missed a bet. Paired boards mean little if there's no aggression to go with them. On those rare ocassions in which you're completely sand-bagged and pay off a raise or two on the river, you'll likely have paid less than you should have on earlier streets. But in the instances in which your hand (often) wins, you'll collect the max. Hence, the value in capping a hand like this one.

Alobar
08-16-2004, 02:13 AM
I think you played it fine. I like the turn check. Its tempting to bet here again, but you really have no chance to win it right there, and being checkraised would be bad.

I would cap the river, if you get burned by the slowplayed set, oh well. Most of the time it will just be a two or a smaller flush.