PDA

View Full Version : How To: Play multiple quads on 1 moniter. (Pics = 288kb)

LethalRose
08-15-2004, 10:14 PM
I havent been playing poker very long..but i wanted to try to contribute and this is the only way I currently know how.

for all of you who want to play 8+ games, there is a program available by nvidia that will enable you to do it.
you must have a nvidia video card.

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

the program is called Nview, simply go into the properties and enable multiple desktops, Add 1 desktop for every site you want to play. It comes with the 61.77 version drivers which i recommend you need to use the program. (any nvidia card should work)

heres my party poker desktop.

http://brutus.clant2k.com/1.jpg

heres my poker stars desktop

http://brutus.clant2k.com/2.jpg

by simply clicking an icon in the lower right i can switch between the 2 desktops instantly...you can play as many sites as you wish.

heres a SS of my setup.
http://brutus.clant2k.com/3.jpg

be sure to click fast switching..

you can also run 4 desktops with 2 tables each if you prefer them to be a little larger.

Hope this is helpful to someone..

Aceten1
08-16-2004, 02:13 AM
Hello.

This is just what I was looking for. Downloading it now. Thank you.

AtlBrvs4Life
08-16-2004, 02:15 AM
That's great. Anything like this for an ATI Radeon?

chill888
08-16-2004, 07:14 AM
lol multiple quads?

I thought u had AAAA and KKKK

MercTec
08-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Check out Hydravision by ATI. Similar program.

http://www.ati.com/companyinfo/glossary/hydravision/index.html?type=xp&prodType=hydra&prod=hydravision XPdriver&submit.x=12&submit.y=5

You want the multi-desk feature.

ipp147
08-16-2004, 12:06 PM
Ok, I'm a bit awful with computers but, I'm at the nvidia site, what exactly do I need to download?

Sponger15SB
08-16-2004, 12:16 PM
right click on your desktop, click on properties, tab over to settings, under that tab there will be a thing that says "display".

mine says this: Plug and Play Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200.

so you look on the site that was given to you at the start of this thread and find the corresponding software.

Sponger15SB
08-16-2004, 12:18 PM
ok next question, anyone know how to hook up like a hot key so i can toggle between desktops by using my keyboard instead of having to go down to the system tray

also... nice post, this is awsome.

Sponger15SB
08-16-2004, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok next question, anyone know how to hook up like a hot key so i can toggle between desktops by using my keyboard instead of having to go down to the system tray

also... nice post, this is awsome.

[/ QUOTE ]

nevermind, it is quite easy to assign hot keys.

the only keys i could really find that were avaliable to use were like "Shift + (home/pgUp/end/pgDN")"

SixgunSam
08-19-2004, 12:19 PM
What resolution is your monitor set to in order to fit all 4 windows on one desktop?

Hood
08-20-2004, 05:18 AM
1280x1024.
Most 19" monitors support this res.

SixgunSam
08-20-2004, 06:10 AM
I have my monitor set to that resolution, but it's a 17", so I can't even fit two windows comfortably. It looks like any winnings for the next couple of weeks are going toward a new monitor. I would probably multi-table more often if I didn't have to deal with flipping between windows. Thanks for the info.

stupidsucker
08-20-2004, 04:39 PM
I think you need to set it at 1600x1200 in order to play 4 at once with no overlap.

Buying a new monitor capable of 4tabling was the best investment I ever made.

stupidsucker
08-20-2004, 05:09 PM
I cant get hydravision to work the way I want it to, but Ill keep trying.

I downloaded the full version, perhaps I just need basic.

stupidsucker
08-20-2004, 05:25 PM
I can get windows to appear in one desktop but not another this is exactly what I want for my poker windows.

BUT they wont do it. My poker windows appear on every desktop, and I cant find anywhere that tells me how to change it. They dont show up in the hydravision windows like IE does..

stupidsucker
08-25-2004, 09:52 PM
This post seems to have died...

But I still have questions, and I think this is remarkable.

I bought an Nvidia card just to use this (I hear there is a third party program that works for all cards). I sent a PM to the original poster, but I might as well address it to everyone.

My tables keep popping over to the wrong desktop when action comes to me. ANyone else have this problem at all? Is there a setting somewhere about "always on top" etc?

Thanks

PITTM
08-25-2004, 11:49 PM
i have a radeon 7500 and when i made 2 desktops party is on both no matter what i do. my crypto software will display only on desktop 2, but party displays on both, making it somewhat worthless /images/graemlins/frown.gif

rj

stupidsucker
08-26-2004, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i have a radeon 7500 and when i made 2 desktops party is on both no matter what i do. my crypto software will display only on desktop 2, but party displays on both, making it somewhat worthless

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this same problem with party poker and my ATI card(same as radeon) Pokerstars worked, but party would come along to ever5 desktop like it was immune to multidesktopping. This is why I switched to the Nvidia card.

I think I am going with the original plan of dual monitors instead. I have plenty of room for it, but I would love for this to work.

ohgeetee
08-26-2004, 10:39 AM
the reason this is happening is because your tables are set to come tot he top when action is to you. to visualize, basically, what nview and the ati program are doing is laying one desktop ontop of another, just like you would stack 2 program windows maximized on top of each other.

so when a program on the rear desktop has its settings set to pop up on action to you, it comes forward all the way to in front of the foremost desktop.

I'm not sure if all poker programs have the option, but you will want to turn off that table popping up option if you can, and go by sound cues as to which desktop you want to be at, or just play with the tables coming through. clicking the table then swapping desktops twice should set them back if action hasn't come back to you in the meantime.

stupidsucker
08-26-2004, 03:06 PM
Looks more and more like I need 2 monitors. I looked for options to make it so party's tables wouldnt do that, but I cant find them anywhere.

I use a 6foot table for my desk... I certainly have room for another monitor.

The original poster seems to have disapeared, or just doesnt want to comment.

AEKDBet
08-26-2004, 03:55 PM
For ATI - seek here......
http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html

There's also a multitude of software that does this - check out www.download.com (http://www.download.com)

PITTM
08-26-2004, 03:56 PM
well then, is there any way to make it so that party doesnt keep popping up? thanks

rj

stupidsucker
08-26-2004, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For ATI - seek here......

[/ QUOTE ]

I already tried hydravision for ATI.. It isnt compatible with party software at all. The party application would be on every desktop with no way to make it move. This is why I tried Nvidia.

I will check out the 3rd party programs, but I have my doubts because of the way party tables react.

LethalRose
08-26-2004, 11:20 PM
sorry for the long delay..I thought i was posting common knowledge.

im going to try to re create the problem you guys are having..I'll get back to the thread in a few hours hopefully..

LethalRose
08-26-2004, 11:27 PM
ok I have recreated the problem and im working on a solution...

LethalRose
08-27-2004, 12:19 AM
ok I havent been able to solve the problem..so im going to play around with the party poker program itself and get someone on the phone to explain why the program behaves like this...the child window shouldnt go to the currently viewed window.

well i just got off the phone with party poker and they said this "feature" cannot be turned off...i find it weird this didnt happen to me the first time i tried the program..maybe in the next version of the drivers they will fix this issue as im sure it has come up in other instances.

im going to continue to find a way around this..I'll post an update if i find the solution.

09-04-2004, 01:16 AM
Any News with a solution for ATI??

fiddi
09-22-2004, 03:11 PM
I've used the ATI utility and a few others too. I have settled on a desktop manager called "Enable Virtual Desktop". Multiple desktops, transparent if you like, etc. Biggest PLUS: It does not leak memory. If you run multiple windows such as party and stars PLUS like I do Outlook, Word, Excel plus several IE windows as wellas Poker Tracker, it's important to not have memory problems.

I really like Enable Virtual Desktop. Do the google for it so you know you can trust the link. It's at enable.com.

Freakin
11-28-2004, 07:46 PM
To revive this old thread I discovered while browsing the Favorite 2+2 threads thread, I thought I'd add the Powertoys version.

Microsoft powertoys for Windows XP (the package that includes TweakUI) includes a virtual desktop manager with support for up to 4 desktops. This will work on any windows system. I'm not sure about leaky memory, but knowing microsoft, it may be less than optimal with memory management. A solution for those of you w/o ATI or nvidia cards.

Freakin

Powertoys for Windows XP (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx)

AA suited
11-29-2004, 02:25 PM
so multiple virtual desktops work under nvidia software, but not ATI?

Freakin
11-29-2004, 06:41 PM
I just tried out the powertoys Virtual Desktop monitor and it works beautifully. Just make sure to turn off animations or else it will take a while. I've got 4 party windows open on one desktop, and 4 empire windows open on teh other. i can switch between the two by using shortcut keys (windows-2 for desktop two, windows-3 for desktop 3). I'd recommend you single monitor multitablers check it out.

Freakin