PDA

View Full Version : Who Are The Best Players On Here?

RPatterson
08-15-2004, 08:52 PM
I just want to do some username searches and read away. Thanks.

AleoMagus
08-15-2004, 09:38 PM
My advice would be to read posts by:

Praying Mantis
Jason Strasser
Bozeman - warning: Math intensive
Eastbay - warning: Computer modeling intensive
William - warning: you will have to sift through lots of idle chit chat, flame wars, and humour to find the nuggets of wisdom

Outside this forum, Great posters include:

Fossilman - lots of multi advice and tourney theory
Davidross - his playing online for a living posts are pure gold and should be made into a book

There are others of course... Clarkmeister, Dynasty, Ed Miller, etc... I'm sure I'm missing a lot. The above are my favorites though

My Threads are not bad either and I wish I could take the credit for that but the truth is I just like to get in on great threads. I also like to get answers from great posters so you can find some good stuff 'around' me a lot.

As far as how 'good' players actually are, who knows for sure. I think I probably wouldn't be far off if I said Strasser or ZeeJustin are our resident 'best' SNG players. That of course must be accompanied by the caveat that they play 200+15 so a LOT of what they say will get you in trouble at lower stakes.

Check this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=560368&page=&view=&sb =5&o=) out before you search around too much

Regards
Brad S

Edit: I can't believe I almost forgot about BruceZ. Everything you ever wanted to know about Math

LethalRose
08-15-2004, 09:54 PM
Id throw frozen in there too.

PITTM
08-15-2004, 10:07 PM
strassa of course
aleomagus big time.

read posts by these two and you will be about 2348723974% better at sngs.
rj

AleoMagus
08-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Sure... Unfortunately, Frozen is mostly a Zooer which makes most of his posts... well... Zooish /images/graemlins/grin.gif

So many great players have been consumed by the evils of the Internet forum.

I guess when you realize you have not much left to learn from your favorite forums you have two choices

a) Go the way of the inconnu like Bozeman and some other absent greats

b) Go to the Zoo and talk about Pattern Maps and Dutch Boyd

Regards
Brad S

Losing all
08-16-2004, 12:08 AM
Good list. I'll add Daliman. also, I didn't think much of Strassa at first, but he's an excellent player, and his posts have really helped my game. Ross's posts were like my Sunday morning NYT, I miss them, and they should be made into a book.

AtlBrvs4Life
08-16-2004, 02:18 AM
For the single table tournaments, Jason Strasser is definately the biggest contributor and one of the best players on here. Thanks for all the great advice Jason.

ddss6_99
08-16-2004, 02:23 AM
Sossman needs to be on the list too.

AtlBrvs4Life
08-16-2004, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sossman needs to be on the list too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately for MTT.

Frozen
08-20-2004, 03:36 PM
Ok, Touché...I don't give out a whole lot of raw stategy on here, as I'm aware that anything I reveal will take money directly out of my own pocket.

HOWEVER, I have posted many HH's on Team FU ( http://teamfu.freeshell.org/visitor_histories.html )
You just need to know to read between the lines...

BTW, I had the word 'Frozen' tatooed on my right forearm last week..... In cold blue, with icicles dripping down. If and when I play live you'll be able to easily identify me...

eMarkM
08-20-2004, 04:48 PM
Check out those hand histories. I knew about the replayer, but didn't see those HHs out there. They're mostly Frozen's. Great stuff if you want to see how a top SNG player plays. A HH tells a thousand words.

AleoMagus
08-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Yeah. We talked a bit about them a few weeks ago in this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=806744&page=&view=&sb =5&o=) thread - And a few times since I think.

I'd wholeheartedly agree that they are one of the best resources currently avaliable for SNG play. I like that whole site quite a bit.

Regards
Brad S

Frozen
08-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Yeah, MJ put a ton of work into his site. Props.

Desdia72
08-20-2004, 10:07 PM
Stars. even though Party has one more player per table, i think the Stars upper limit tables are harder to beat. i would benefit more from the play of a top Stars SNG player than one on Party. IMO, it's still a different game, even with 1000 starting chips.