PDA

View Full Version : AJo, completely routine?

Brian
08-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Poker Stars 5/10. For those that don't know, the Stars 5/10 games tend to be much weaker than the Party 5/10 games. I'm new to the table though, so no reads.

I'm dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif on the Button. UTG limps, folded to me and I raise. BB calls and UTG call. 3 to the Flop, 3bb.

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, UTG bets, I raise, BB cold-calls, UTG calls. 3 to the Turn, 6bb.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, UTG bets, I raise, BB cold-calls, UTG calls. 3 to the River, 12bb.

River: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Both check to me, I bet, BB calls, UTG folds.

-Brian

SnakeRat
08-15-2004, 08:35 PM
I would do this on party at 2/4, but you always say what a LAG I am.. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif
BB probably had badly played 2 or QJ, maybe of diamonds.

Check out my "tilting maniac" post, I am curious what you think.

dumb ox
08-15-2004, 10:54 PM
I normally wouldn't have raised the turn, though I think raising is probably the correct play. Did you think your hand was best on the turn because UTG would have checkraised if he had a two?

me454555
08-15-2004, 10:57 PM
Would played it the exact same way. Ni han

Brian
08-15-2004, 11:34 PM
When the BB calls 2 on the Flop, I am a slight bit worried. On Party, I wouldn't think much more about it, but on Stars, hes probably got at least a medium pocket pair. Most people seem to play VERY weak-tight at Stars, and generally have a fit-or-fold mentality. I plan on taking the free card on the Turn when lo and behold I catch TPTK. The raise on the Turn again is pretty standard I think, but once BB calls two cold again, I'm definitely thinking trips. But I couldn't pass up a good ole value bet on the River, and of course I was shown K2o by the BB /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Tosh
08-16-2004, 06:03 AM
Wow he played that aggressively!

Guy McSucker
08-16-2004, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

once BB calls two cold again, I'm definitely thinking trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once BB calls two cold again, I'm definitely thinking flush draw. I play it just like you.

What is this amazing passive play on Stars? I've noticed it too, of late. Example: I open raise UTG with JJ, folded to button who cold calls, BB calls. Flop 7 5 2, two spades (I have none). BB bets, I raise, button cold calls again, BB calls. Turn K spades. Looks bad. BB checks, I check, button checks. O-kay. River Q spades. Very very bad. Checked through. BB shows 6-4 for flopped straight draw, button AA with ace of spades for the nuts. Huh?

Guy.