PDA

View Full Version : When do you know you suck at 3 handed?

RPatterson
08-15-2004, 08:11 PM
I just started tracking and after 11 tournaments I have 4 3rd place finishes, and only 1 1st and 1 2nd.

I think I'm having misfortune while 3 handed but I'm not ready to rule out I suck too. If I keep up a 60% 3rd place finish in the money stat how many tournaments should it take for me to decide that I suck?

triplc
08-15-2004, 08:26 PM
A helluva lot more than 11. I just went through a stretch of SnGs (don't know the exact number...but it's around 50) at $20+2 where my bankroll dropped about $500. Do I suck? Perhaps, but I don't think I do.

Before deciding that you suck...look back and see what happened. Did you start with a short stack? Did you get sucked out? Did you play aggressively enough 3-handed?

Bottom line...11 tourneys is not enough to judge anything about your play. I've had stretches with 10 out of 11 in the money (don't think I've had 11 in a row), and 11 out of 11 out of the money (that was fun, let me tell you). Neither stretch is truly representative of my play, and neither is the 11 that you've played representative of yours.

Post again after around 100-200 tourneys...then we can talk (even thought that is a pretty small sample, too).

Play well,

CCC