PDA

View Full Version : $3-6 hand. extracting the most $$$ when you flop nuts in the blinds??

pokerraja
08-15-2004, 02:52 PM
hi. i usually dont post here. im almost exclusively a tourney player. however many times i will play $3-6 during my tourneys to pass time. i fair pretty well there. anyways this hand just happened. im not sure how i should i played it. i just wanted to make some mnoey off it as the table was very tight believe it or not. heres the hand history. my name is cashbrigade. thanks.

3/6 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Sun Aug 15 14:43:30 EDT 2004
Table Connecting Vibes (Real Money) -- Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: OZONE31 ( $63)
Seat 2: MICKEYUCH ( $107.50)
Seat 3: switch3 ( $89)
Seat 4: ondariver ( $16)
Seat 5: edlee74 ( $34)
Seat 6: CashBrigade ( $281.50)
Seat 7: Eggn0g ( $107)
Seat 8: foutty_25 ( $41)
Seat 9: ligolfguy ( $69)
Seat 10: rayc29 ( $240.50)
CashBrigade posts small blind (1)
Eggn0g posts big blind (3)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to CashBrigade [ Ac, 7c ]
foutty_25 folds.
ligolfguy folds.
rayc29 folds.
OZONE31 raises (6) to 6
MICKEYUCH folds.
switch3 folds.
ondariver folds.
edlee74 folds.
CashBrigade calls (5)
Eggn0g calls (3)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 7h, Ad, As ]
CashBrigade checks.
Eggn0g checks.
OZONE31 checks.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Td ]
CashBrigade checks.
Eggn0g checks.
OZONE31 bets (6)
CashBrigade calls (6)
Eggn0g folds.
** Dealing River ** : [ 4h ]
CashBrigade bets (6)
OZONE31 calls (6)
** Summary **
Main Pot: $40 | Rake: $2
Board: [ 7h Ad As Td 4h ]
OZONE31 balance $45, lost $18 [ Kh Kc ] [ two pairs, aces and kings -- Ad,As,Kh,Kc,Td ]
MICKEYUCH balance $107.50, didn't bet (folded)
switch3 balance $89, didn't bet (folded)
ondariver balance $16, didn't bet (folded)
edlee74 balance $34, didn't bet (folded)
CashBrigade balance $303.50, bet $18, collected $40, net +$22 [ Ac 7c ] [ a full house, Aces full of sevens -- Ac,Ad,As,7c,7h ]
Eggn0g balance $101, lost $6 (folded)
foutty_25 balance $41, didn't bet (folded)
ligolfguy balance $69, didn't bet (folded)
rayc29 balance $240.50, didn't bet (folded)

balkii
08-15-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CashBrigade checks.
CashBrigade checks.
CashBrigade calls (6)

[/ QUOTE ]

What do YOU think you did wrong?

pokerraja
08-15-2004, 03:05 PM
This guy i was up against is capable of folding Kings. He was probably best player at table. Of course I didnt know he had kings. If I knew he had KIngs I would of led out betting on the flop, as he would put me on stealing and call down with his kings.

now for the turn, i didnt wasnt to checkraise him, as I felt that would of cost me one extra bet. so then I lead the river and he calls. what do you think?

pokerraja
08-15-2004, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CashBrigade checks.
CashBrigade checks.
CashBrigade calls (6)

[/ QUOTE ]

What do YOU think you did wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

you tell me? I was fairly sure he would bet the turn as i showed weakness. Yah i did take a chance by checking. Now, I did not want to checkraise him here as I felt he was capable of folding. But if i lead the turn he would put me on being sneaky and call with his his mid pocket pair (thats what I put him on). So therefore I made an extra $6 i thought.

Dan Rutter
08-15-2004, 03:09 PM
I probably would have checkraised the turn in hopes he calls the checkraise, and then bet the river, and hope to get the bet you got there. If you check to him on the river, he might suspect a checkraise,and just check behind you. If your gutsy you could bet out right awayon the flop, and hope he does not give you credit for an Ace in your hand. Quite a few players at these low limits won't give you credit for having an Ace in your hand, because they consider it a mandatory slowplaying hand, and they expect you to think the same way. If you are against an opponent like that you could bet out, hope they raise, you just call, and then you go for the checkraise on the turn, and bet out on river. It could build a larger pot if your against the right opponent, but you will take a risk of winning a very small pot( if he or she just folds), instead of a slightly larger one, if you play it slower.

sfer
08-15-2004, 03:09 PM
Use the hand converter. Bet the flop; there's a potential caller trapped between you. You're not going to extract much value by letting streets get checked through or checkraising the nuts and forcing a caller to call two cold.

bdk3clash
08-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Fold preflop.

Bet/raise/bet/raise/bet/raise.

Pray someone has an Ace.

sfer
08-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Just bet the flop. Most of the time he'll have a big Ace and raise. If you're lucky the BB will come along for the ride. If not, you can checkraise the turn.

pokerraja
08-15-2004, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just bet the flop. Most of the time he'll have a big Ace and raise. If you're lucky the BB will come along for the ride. If not, you can checkraise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, you are right. I think i was trying to be to clever. I forgot this is low limits and they will call.

bisonbison
08-15-2004, 03:17 PM
You misplayed this on the first three streets.

bdk3clash
08-15-2004, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You misplayed this on the first three streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree--does anyone not think that this is a pretty easy fold in the SB, especially given the 1/3 SB/BB structure at Party's 3/6 game? Or am I way off here?

bisonbison
08-15-2004, 03:33 PM
The preflop call is terrible.

pokerraja
08-15-2004, 03:47 PM
ill agree it was a very loose preflop call. actually very very loose especially considering the fact It was a small pot and up against a raiser. I do usually fold this hand in this situation. However I will be the first to say that I have been running very well lately, and I will play Ax suited a little more liberally. However I do recognize the short comings of this hand in the big picuture. But I Played this hand, so please no talk about how terrible of a call it was. You guys never get out of your robot mode and play some "mediocre" hands from time to time? Anyways, Im not to upset with my "terrible" play on all streets. I did make some money off this hand. next time, I might be better off lead bettting in this same situation /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bisonbison
08-15-2004, 03:53 PM
If you don't want comments on the call, don't post the hand. The only time I make this preflop call is when I am drunk or on major tilt.

Imagine how much money you could have made on this hand if this guy had AK, AQ, AJ or AT. Your play wasn't "terrible". It was terrible.

Tosh
08-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Bison, Bdk and Sfer have already said this but this is a very easy preflop fold.

Why you didn't check raise the turn I have no idea either.

bdk3clash
08-15-2004, 03:59 PM
I do usually fold this hand in this situation. However I will be the first to say that I have been running very well lately, and I will play Ax suited a little more liberally.

I take it all back. Since you were running good, this was an easy, easy preflop call. In fact, you probably should have reraised.

Tosh
08-15-2004, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I take it all back. Since you were running good, this was an easy, easy preflop call. In fact, you probably should have reraised.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL play that rush!

pokerraja
08-15-2004, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bison, Bdk and Sfer have already said this but this is a very easy preflop fold.

Why you didn't check raise the turn I have no idea either.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do agree with all comments. I think the preflop call was no the best. but i could easily fold get away from hand if flop misses me. but, the more I think about it, I played the hand like a biatch after the flop.

after i make the decision to play the hand. I WISH IT COULD OF been: flOP: BET, RAISE, RERAISE, CALL.
TURN: BET CALL
RIVER:BET, CALL

Tosh
08-15-2004, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

but i could easily fold get away from hand if flop misses me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could VERY easily get away from 23o in that position, does that mean I should play that too?

bdk3clash
08-15-2004, 04:28 PM
I could VERY easily get away from 23o in that position, does that mean I should play that too?

Only if you have been running well lately.