PDA

View Full Version : Sitting Out

sebumd
08-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Have you ever tried sitting out in a SNG and seeing how far you get? How far does it usually last? Is this an effective strategy? I'm curious..

triplc
08-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Is this serious? It's not so much a strategy as a non-strategy. Plus, although I know the name of the game is to make money, but what fun is there in loggin in, sitting out, and not playing?

I tell you what...run an experiment for all of us and sit out for 1000 SnGs and see how you do. Post the results.

I can't believe I'm even responding to this...

Play well,

CCC

Eder
08-15-2004, 02:48 PM
well I had to leave as a turbo was just starting...placed 2nd...

sebumd
08-15-2004, 05:29 PM
I found this in another thread: this is what I was talking about..Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't talking about sitting out the entire SNG, sorry tripl

[ QUOTE ]
SNG's have a strategy all their own. They are the most profitable game on-line for those who make the adjustments. Read what triplc says, I couldn't put it much better. In fact, I would bet that if the average player clicked "post-and-fold" until the blinds were 50/100, and spent that time studying the opponents, they would do better than they do now.

[/ QUOTE ]

PaultheS
08-15-2004, 05:38 PM
I'd love to see someone try this and hear the results. With their money, of course. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

triplc
08-15-2004, 08:21 PM
Wow, I don't think anyone's ever said to read my stuff before...what's that thread?

Early on in SnGs I think you have two basic strategies...fold all but the best hands, or try and sneak in with suited connectors, low pairs, Axs, and such and try to hit a monster.

I've used both, and both can be effective in the right situations. But I think you really need to take each hand as it comes. To simply say, "I'm going to fold until the blinds reach 50/100" leaves out a lot of opportunity for getting some chips, and chips = power.

The other day, I had 68o in the small blind. Three limpers to me, I complete and the BB checks. Flop comes 579. For 15 chips, I had decent pot odds, and huge implied odds when it hit. I ended up winning an 800 chip pot.

Sorry I misunderstood, seb...

Play well,

CCC