PDA

View Full Version : BB Auto call

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-15-2004, 01:16 PM
More for the observations than for the hand, but here's the hand.

Foxwoods Act I last night. 3 get the Act II buy-in. We're down to 5, blinds are 200/400.

UTG is somewhat surly, I think a bit drunk, not real skilled player who has repeatedly short-posted his blinds for the entire satellite, and a couple of orbits back tried to psych me out when I raised his BB all-in for the 3rd time. He goes all-in for 600.

Folded to me and I call without even having touched my cards. He looks at me and says "how can you call, you don't even know what you have?" I say, "I don't have to look, I know its good enough to call."

He flips over his 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif I reach down and flip over my cards and see A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif then proceed to make Broadway by the turn. He leaves muttering that I made a bad play and got lucky, reinforcing the observation that these Act Is are full of WPT fans with little comprehension.

This particular satellite had one very good player, two others who seemed to have an idea how to play and 6 rookies. At least three of them regularly took a good 30 seconds to decide what to do preflop even when it was folded to them, doing their best to look studious.

The surly guy tried to psych me out when I raised his blind by talking to me.

Him: "What you got? You got cards?"
Me: "Excuse me?"
Him: "I said - you got cards?"
Me: (pointing at my cards) "Yeah, right here under the gold thing."
Him: (mutters under his breath and folds)

Strange night, but I survived to place in my 7th Act I in 10 tries.