PDA

View Full Version : Choose your own River

naphand
08-15-2004, 12:32 PM
I am interested to know if people have differing views on this hand, as far as getting action on the River goes.

Here is the action up to the Turn.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

<font color="red">What River card would you like to see and why?</font>

Nemesis
08-15-2004, 12:47 PM
4/images/graemlins/heart.gif gives you a boat while completing the flush draw or maybe makes a smaller boat.

tripdad
08-15-2004, 05:48 PM
the 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif gives you the nuts and doesn't scare a King off.

cheers!

Kaz The Original
08-15-2004, 05:52 PM
4 of hearts

FrankLu99
08-15-2004, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am interested to know if people have differing views on this hand, as far as getting action on the River goes.

Here is the action up to the Turn.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

<font color="red">What River card would you like to see and why?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif or 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif would be my top choices.

Nemesis
08-15-2004, 11:41 PM
why that will complete flushes and straights where you can't beat them with a boat.

schubes
08-15-2004, 11:57 PM
I like the 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, but a 5 - especially the 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (assuming BB doesn't already have it) - is also a capped river waiting to happen

EDIT: On second thought being a 5 and a diamond would possibly scare trip 5s from capping - and a heart would certainly scare trip 4s. If 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif comes your realistic hope is for a flush, if 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif comes your realistic hope is for trip 5s. I think there's very little chance of the river making both opponents a monster hand.

fsuplayer
08-16-2004, 12:21 AM
7/images/graemlins/heart.gif or 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif would be my top choices.

why that will complete flushes and straights where you can't beat them with a boat.

shot in the dark here, but I think he's kidding /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

fsuplayer

schubes
08-16-2004, 12:32 AM
OK second try: BB looks like he could have a 5 that picked up a flush draw on the turn. Button looks like he could have a K with a kicker he's not quite comfortable with like KT. In this unlikely case, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif would get 4 bets from both players.

Schneids
08-16-2004, 11:40 AM
4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif would be my top choice.

K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is ok too but making a second best boat can be very costly. If you know these players are aggressive enough where if they had kings up you'd have seen more action already then fine, this card ties with 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Otherwise, this card is definitely my second choice.

It looks like button is on a flush draw. Hopefully the 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif can get threebets out of both players.

naphand
08-16-2004, 01:45 PM
The River action went like this:

River: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 22 BB, between Button, BB and Hero.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Ks 3s (three of a kind, kings).
Hero shows 6h 6s (full house, sixes full of kings).
Button shows Qd Td (flush, king high).
Outcome: Hero wins 22 BB. </font>

I think Schubes and Schneids pretty much nailed the two cards and why.

My personal feeling was that BB was on a /images/graemlins/heart.gif draw or a K, and the other chook could be on any part of the flop (2-cold meaning nothing more than he still likes his PF pockets). The Turn brought a double-flush draw, and it is no surprise here to see one of the players hit a backdoor flush. BB would certainly have raised the Turn with 2-pair so I am not worried about a better FH when the River brings the K. Not worried enough not to cap against two, that is. As soon as I saw it I knew BB was on trips and could rely on some decent action, the 3-bet from Button was a bonus. I really liked seeing the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, rather than the 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, but I think in most cases you would not expect to see a backdoor draw of such super-suck proportions.