PDA

View Full Version : How's This For 'BRUTAL'?...

Desdia72
08-15-2004, 10:57 AM
after battling back from 600 in chips with 7 players. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PokerStars Game #617344747: Tournament #2361276, Hold'em No Limit -
Level VII (100/200) - 2004/08/15 - 10:47:04 (ET)
Table '2361276 1' Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Desdia72 (3260 in chips)
Seat 2: CKBTexas (3430 in chips)
Seat 4: Doctor316 (950 in chips)
Seat 6: m_pi (2565 in chips)
Seat 7: cpe1704tks (3295 in chips)
Desdia72: posts the ante 25
CKBTexas: posts the ante 25
Doctor316: posts the ante 25
m_pi: posts the ante 25
cpe1704tks: posts the ante 25
CKBTexas: posts small blind 100
Doctor316: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Desdia72 [Ad Ah]
m_pi: raises 200 to 400
cpe1704tks: folds
Desdia72: raises 540 to 940
CKBTexas: folds
Doctor316: folds
m_pi: calls 540
*** FLOP *** [Qh As Ks]
m_pi: bets 1600 and is all-in
Desdia72: calls 1600
*** TURN *** [Qh As Ks] [Th]
*** RIVER *** [Qh As Ks Th] [7c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
m_pi: shows [Qs Js] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
Desdia72: shows [Ad Ah] (three of a kind, Aces)
m_pi collected 5505 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 5505 | Rake 0
Board [Qh As Ks Th 7c]
Seat 1: Desdia72 (button) showed [Ad Ah] and lost with three of a kind,
Aces
Seat 2: CKBTexas (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: Doctor316 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: m_pi showed [Qs Js] and won (5505) with a straight, Ten to Ace
Seat 7: cpe1704tks folded before Flop (didn't bet)

PokerStars Game #617346728: Tournament #2361276, Hold'em No Limit -
Level VII (100/200) - 2004/08/15 - 10:48:57 (ET)
Table '2361276 1' Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: Desdia72 (420 in chips)
Seat 2: CKBTexas (3230 in chips)
Seat 4: Doctor316 (975 in chips)
Seat 6: m_pi (5255 in chips)
Seat 7: cpe1704tks (3620 in chips)
Desdia72: posts the ante 25
CKBTexas: posts the ante 25
Doctor316: posts the ante 25
m_pi: posts the ante 25
cpe1704tks: posts the ante 25
Desdia72: posts small blind 100
CKBTexas: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Desdia72 [Ts 9h]
Doctor316: folds
m_pi: raises 200 to 400
cpe1704tks: calls 400
Desdia72: calls 295 and is all-in
CKBTexas: folds
*** FLOP *** [5d Kh 9d]
m_pi: bets 4830 and is all-in
cpe1704tks: calls 3195 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [5d Kh 9d] [Tc]
*** RIVER *** [5d Kh 9d Tc] [Ah]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
m_pi: shows [Kd Ac] (two pair, Aces and Kings)
cpe1704tks: shows [Qc Kc] (a pair of Kings)
m_pi collected 6400 from side pot
Desdia72: shows [Ts 9h] (two pair, Tens and Nines)
m_pi collected 1510 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 7910 Main pot 1510. Side pot 6400. | Rake 0
Board [5d Kh 9d Tc Ah]
Seat 1: Desdia72 (small blind) showed [Ts 9h] and lost with two pair,
Tens and Nines
Seat 2: CKBTexas (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: Doctor316 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: m_pi showed [Kd Ac] and won (7910) with two pair, Aces and
Kings
Seat 7: cpe1704tks (button) showed [Qc Kc] and lost with a pair of
Kings

TylerD
08-15-2004, 11:36 AM
In the first hand you lost to a 4 outer. It would be brutal if you lost to a two outer with two to come. If for example you held 88 on a T high flop HU moved all in and he called with 77 then spiked his 7 on the turn. arrrgggg I hate Stars /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Desdia72
08-15-2004, 12:18 PM
the guy is LAG and had lost alot of chips earlier calling with second best type hands. a few hands earlier after he had got down to about 1600 in chips, he makes the same kind of "limp" raise (only 2X the BB) and i immediately go over the top all-in (1800) with 10 10, which he folds. the funny thing about the A A hand was i had a bad feeling about it preflop. then when the flop hit (str8 coordinated) and the guy went all-in, i instantly did'nt like what i had (even with trip Aces). in the past, i've had alot of monsters killed by loose, aggressive play getting rewarded in the most outlandish of fashions. this was one flop that i did not want to see. when i saw the Q J suited, it made me think, "what was this guy thinking? (this is often the question that i ask of play at the $5 + $.50 level), but Pokerstars has a way of making a asinine play look like pure genius. when the 10 hit on the turn, i thought to myself, "it figures". when i went back in my head to replay the hand, there was nothing i could do other than possible make a bigger preflop raise or all-in. if the cards were gonna fall the same way, i was already doomed. i felt, in a sense, that the guy felt committed to the pot when he flopped the Queen and had other outs with the coordination. maybe the trouble started preflop when i had a bad feeling about it in the first place.

SmileyEH
08-15-2004, 12:45 PM
...I've learned so much from this post...

-SmileyEH

fnurt
08-15-2004, 12:46 PM
Maybe he liked the flop because of the straight flush draw, rather than the pair of queens.

AA looks to be a 62-36 favorite on the flop. This beat is much less remarkable than any number of "I lost with AA" posts...

Desdia72
08-15-2004, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...I've learned so much from this post...

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

How? oh, must be one of those sarcastic responses. my bad.

fatduck
08-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Where are the bad beat police?

Desdia72
08-15-2004, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he liked the flop because of the straight flush draw, rather than the pair of queens.

AA looks to be a 62-36 favorite on the flop. This beat is much less remarkable than any number of "I lost with AA" posts...

[/ QUOTE ]

you see trip Aces right? i was'nt speaking more toward his play preflop. you would think that if you're reraised 500 more in chips after you made a feeler raise with Q Js, something should tell you that "i am beat right now. what am i looking to gain by calling this reraise? am i trying to prove i can't be pushed around after being first to raise? how many hands am i ahead of facing a reraise if i call?" i don't think these types of questions entered his mind when he called. any K x, A x, or pocket pair has him beat in this spot. his play on the flop, well, i can't blame the guy. was'nt too much he could do other than push or fold. i think he knew what i was gonna do after seeing me come back from the low stack.

Desdia72
08-15-2004, 01:36 PM
actually the spade draw (any spade) gave the guy more outs so the trip Aces were even less of a favorite.

Jason Strasser
08-15-2004, 01:40 PM
Desdia, since you don't like sarcasm I wont give you any.

I am not being elitist here, but post this kind of stuff in the "other topics" forum because this has nothing to do with one-table tournament strategy.

I love commenting on hands you post or whatever, but this kind of stuff really stinks. Post some hands, improve your game. This stuff really has no place here. You didn't even try to disguise it as a "Did I play AA wrong here going all in PF?".

You flat out knew, and even intended this to be a bad beat post. It's probably part of the reason a lot of the really good posters are rarely found here anymore (Bozeman, AJo (despite all the cynicism), ZJ, etc.).

Crap like this sucks, and you need to stop posting it.

-Jason

Desdia72
08-15-2004, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Desdia, since you don't like sarcasm I wont give you any.

I am not being elitist here, but post this kind of stuff in the "other topics" forum because this has nothing to do with one-table tournament strategy.

I love commenting on hands you post or whatever, but this kind of stuff really stinks. Post some hands, improve your game. This stuff really has no place here. You didn't even try to disguise it as a "Did I play AA wrong here going all in PF?".

You flat out knew, and even intended this to be a bad beat post. It's probably part of the reason a lot of the really good posters are rarely found here anymore (Bozeman, AJo (despite all the cynicism), ZJ, etc.).

Crap like this sucks, and you need to stop posting it.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

so let me get this straight, are you saying the good posters don't post here anymore because of cynicism because if you are, that says something about these forums (not me)? what are you getting at? are you trying to say good posters are not posting here anymore because they don't want to read bad beat threads? what if anything does bringing up good posters have to do with whether this is a bad beat thread or not? of course it's a bad beat post, the title should tell you that. my intention was'nt to try and disguise it either. you don't like it, that's life. there's alot of things i don't like either, but i deal with it. this is a public forum. you have a right to read and post, you also have a right not to. simple as that.

Jason Strasser
08-15-2004, 02:08 PM
I agree with the fact that you have rights to post anything, but I do think a reason a lot of good posters have run away is because of bad beat posts.

Desdia72
08-15-2004, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the fact that you have rights to post anything, but I do think a reason a lot of good posters have run away is because of bad beat posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

if that is the reason they don't post here anymore, more power to them (although that would be a real stupid reason).
maybe they don't post here because of reasons that are alot more important than chatting with 2+2ers all day about poker. maybe they don't post here because of the exact cynicism you eluded to. maybe they got tired of guys coming in threads and attacking another poster's family members and loved ones all under the guise of teaching that other poster a lesson. i think it says alot about you and anyone else who would try and chastise me by laying down the law about how much you can't stand beat threads, but you never stepped up to the plate when other posters were getting personal and talking about my girlfriend and my mother. why did'nt you come in all gun-ho and say, "That crap has no place here?" why did'nt you do that. it's hard for you not to come off elitesh when you stand by and not comment on the foul behavior of other posters. it's alot worse i could be doing than posting bad beat threads (like talking about your girlfriend or your mother).

Jason Strasser
08-15-2004, 02:50 PM
Desdia,

I am sorry people said bad things about your family. I only remember reading some very lighthearted posts about your girlfriend. Remember that you chose to bring them up in a public forum, so given that you should be prepared to hear comments about them.

If I read something that I thought was mean, I'd definitely say something. But I also figured that if you mentioned your family on here you wouldnt be sensitive about comments made towards them.

Lets drop this and move on,
-Jason

Desdia72
08-15-2004, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,

I am sorry people said bad things about your family. I only remember reading some very lighthearted posts about your girlfriend. Remember that you chose to bring them up in a public forum, so given that you should be prepared to hear comments about them.

If I read something that I thought was mean, I'd definitely say something. But I also figured that if you mentioned your family on here you wouldnt be sensitive about comments made towards them.

Lets drop this and move on,
-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

i never brought up my mother. secondly, i only brought up my girlfriend because it happened to be a discussion on how to play a particular hand as a shortstack down to three players in the money. GET IT!?! it was a poker discussion. my girlfriend had another way/view of looking at how to play a pair of 9s with only 800-900 in chips with three players left and blinds at like 100/200. she felt like my all-in could've been played differently, like say, folding. i tried to school her that her thinking was too tight and it was'nt too other hands i could get better in my spot. i presented to issue to these forums. any comments about my girlfriend outside of that one thread is unwarranted. most of these comments came when posters were making stabs at me. that's not being light-hearted, that's being or getting personal. as for the coward that brought up my mother, once again, i never even brought her up. his comment came out of nowhere and was an meant to be a cheap shot. fine, we can drop it. but if you think my threads or posts are crap and don't have a place in these forums, then be that way toward all posts that are crap. don't be halfways with it by just getting on me, police those posters who are actually post legitimate comments that have no place here. like i said before, it's alot worse i could be posting that bad beats or heart-wrenching river spikes.

Sponger15SB
08-15-2004, 03:14 PM
is this a joke? c'mon desdia even you are slipping

Desdia72
08-15-2004, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is this a joke? c'mon desdia even you are slipping

[/ QUOTE ]

posting in one of my threads as if you're trying to iniate positive discussion. you're like gold-diggers, mosquitos, and a wife's divorce lawyer; out for blood. you never have anything worthwhile to comment. i think you really gotta a serious hard-on for me that can't be healthy. it's like a freakin' fatal attraction, like you're some weird-mannish version of Glenn Close or something. quit sweating me, dude.
find you a real lady, QUICK!

fatduck
08-15-2004, 03:40 PM
This thread is becoming more and more creepy.

Sponger15SB
08-15-2004, 04:03 PM
what about your first post is initiating positive discussion and worthwhile comments?

also, your rediculous homophobia is only making everyone think you are crazier than you all ready are.

EDIT oh and in case you didn't know, glenn close is a man

Desdia72
08-15-2004, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what about your first post is initiating positive discussion and worthwhile comments?

also, your rediculous homophobia is only making everyone think you are crazier than you all ready are.

[/ QUOTE ]

my comment toward you was'nt mean to initiate postive discussion, and you know why. don't act all innocent. you never have any good to say when you come into one of my threads. you're like the guy who got away with throwing the first punch in a NBA game and did'nt get caught. i get ripped for for authoring a bad beat thread that does no harm to anybody, you call me a troll and a guy wants to put you in some Hall Of Fame something. *hmmm, i wonder why Mr. Strasser did'nt flame you for that?*

DCIAce
08-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing As Ks Qh
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Ad Ah 620 62.63 361 36.46 9 0.91 0.631
Qs Js 361 36.46 620 62.63 9 0.91 0.369

Doesn't seem like such a bad beat to me. Some random "pushed with a mid pair, got called by Ace-Rag and lost" hand, which probably happened 10 times in the time I spent going to twodimes, then typing this.. is a worse beat than this hand.

Desdia72
08-15-2004, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing As Ks Qh
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Ad Ah 620 62.63 361 36.46 9 0.91 0.631
Qs Js 361 36.46 620 62.63 9 0.91 0.369

Doesn't seem like such a bad beat to me. Some random "pushed with a mid pair, got called by Ace-Rag and lost" hand, which probably happened 10 times in the time I spent going to twodimes, then typing this.. is a worse beat than this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was'nt an Ace rag hand, it was trip Aces (two in the pocket).

Sponger15SB
08-15-2004, 08:55 PM
strasser is my gay bitch...

isn't that what you want to hear?

you really don't get it desdia, as much as everyone is trying to tell you, you'll never learn

DCIAce
08-15-2004, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

it was'nt an Ace rag hand, it was trip Aces (two in the pocket).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying, if you pushed with 77, and got called pre-flop by A-5, and lost.. you'd have more of a gripe than losing with your set of aces to his straight flush draw.

It wasn't even 2-1. Get over it.

viennagreen
08-15-2004, 09:23 PM
obviously he knows you had trip aces--- he posted the twodimes results for the hand..

what he was saying was that pushing with a medium pair and getting called by someone with ace-rag was a worse beat than your after the flop beat.

Board:
equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)

Hand 1: 71.5776 % [ 71.41 00.17 ] { TT }
Hand 2: 28.4224 % [ 28.25 00.17 ] { A7o }

as to what your opponent was thinking after the flop--- if you didn't have AA, and instead made two pair or worse, he would have been a coin-flip or better to beat you.

not a bad beat at all--- i mean, it's silly to post bad beats on this board, but even sillier to post bad beats which aren't very bad.

Jason Strasser
08-16-2004, 12:53 AM
Ummm...

Hands off the merchandise.

-Jason

chill888
08-16-2004, 02:18 AM
The one things worse than a straightforward uninteresting bad beat post, is a guy that responds to every reponse in an angry fashion - unless the response says: "yep horrible beat, that guy was a fool, you are Johnny Chan"

Boring.... boring

Phill S
08-16-2004, 05:18 AM
seriously, how do you get threads removed, is it like democracy, do we all take a vote here and pow, no more thread?

no, seriously, if someone wanders in off the street, looking for some fried chicken and a side order of sit and go strategy, do we want them reading this.

there should be two new rules, dont post threads when you first start out here. read, then write.

second insulting other people, especially the ones trying to help solve your problem, should be some kind of sinbin offense.

to re-iterate, by reading this thread ive learnt nothing, other than the lack of restraint of some of the posters on here.

you know who you are.

Phill

Desdia72
08-16-2004, 07:11 AM
about Sponger because i have'nt insulted anybody. even if you're talking about my comment to Sponger; it's true, the guy has an obsessive hard-on for me. that's not an insult or putdown, that's real. Sponger is hardly trying to help me of all people. as far as the beat, i was speaking more of the dudes actions preflop, like what was the guy thinking? i've already stated that i understand his push on the flop.