PDA

View Full Version : Mucking Your Cards

nutflush
08-15-2004, 09:53 AM
The option not to muck a winning hand,is it purely and simply only available in order to make your opponent feel sick as a pig if youve just bluffed him out of a large pot??
If so its worked on me a few times! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

JimBob2232
08-15-2004, 10:08 AM
I use it as a way to help my table image. If I am appearing to be too loose, I will show when I lose a pot with a good hand.

If I have a tight table image, I will often show when I win (or even lose) a hand with poor cards, to get more action on future hands.

Usually, If I bluff someone of of a pot though, I tend to keep my cards to myself. Eventually you get caught with your hand in the cookie Jar, at which point they will see my cards, and the effect of getting more play takes care of itself. I tighten up a little immediatly after that though.

Billman
08-15-2004, 02:22 PM
I just saw a guy use it brilliantly the other night in a b&m NL game. He was killing everyone at the table and people were playing scared of him which made it hard for him to get people to push a lot of chips in the pot. Over a short period of time I watched him isolate several short stacked players (limiting his downside) and go all-in with them and when the short stack would fold he would flip up a hand like 57o and say "You should have called." A few of those and pretty soon everyone loosened up again and he was able to get people to go all in against his bigger hands.