PDA

View Full Version : Help needed, party 10/20

icepoker
08-15-2004, 06:23 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Just moved to 10/20 and I'm still adjusting to the insane aggression compared to 5/10. Not really sure why I didn't raise the flop, was multitabling so who knows. Not clear what my opponent would have done to a flop raise (he's one of those over-aggro people), let's say he calls. How would you have played the rest of the hand?

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.25 BB, between BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (9.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 8h Ah (two pair, aces and eights).
Hero shows 9h 9c (one pair, nines).
Outcome: BB wins 9.25 BB. </font>

kiddo
08-15-2004, 06:59 AM
I would not cap preflop, I have position, would prefer to raise later if I think I am ahead. I would raise flop, call it down if he 3bets flop. Give it up if he checkraises turn, unless he is a maniac. But I havent played a lot 10/20, normally 5/10.

You were unlucky, he hit a 5 outer on turn, 90% he will not do that.

Ezcheeze
08-15-2004, 12:30 PM
You're right, you should have raised the flop. If he 3 bets I call down. If he calls and checkraises that A on turn then maybe you can fold, but it depends just how over-aggro he is. Maybe he check-raises the turn with 9sTs or KcQc. If he is the type to semi-bluff check raise the turn alot then you should probably call down. It would be nice if you could check behind on the turn to that type of player but your hand is too vulnerable here for that. Without more info other than hes "over-aggro" I'd say fold to a turn checkraise. Your preflop cap could be detering him from semibluffing/bluffing when the A shows up.

If he calls the flop raise and leads out the A on the turn then I call down but hate it at the same time. Again, this could be a semibluff.

If he calls the flop raise and calls the turn then I call a river bet. If he checks the river after this action then make a value bet since if he had a J or A he would have put in a raise earlier given his over-aggro persona.

-Ezcheeze