PDA

View Full Version : A KK hand...

thirddan
08-15-2004, 03:35 AM
Haven't played in about a week and a half, started again tonite and hope to get back into the forum, getting ready for school and such has been taking up my time, gotta find a place to live for this fall /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Pacific 3/6

Hero is SB with Black KK

Preflop: UTG raises, UTG+1 coldcalls, MP (posted blind) calls, folded to Hero who 3bets, BB coldcalls, all call

Flop: Jh 5c 6h (5 players, $43)
Hero bets, all call, MP raises, Hero calls, others call

Turn: 2c (5 players, $72)
Hero checks, checked to UTG+1 who bets, MP raises, HERO FOLDS, BB coldcalls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds

River: 3s (2 players, $102)
BB checks, MP bets, BB calls...

Final Pot: $114

Comments on all streets please...

My intention was to c/r MP on the turn if a blank came, but when UTG+1 led and MP raises again i figured i was up against a big hand, most likely a set, is this sound?

Thanks...

pokerkai
08-15-2004, 05:10 AM
I think this a really bad lay down.

I understand wanting to wait for the turn to C/R and make it two BB to the people in between, but WHY WHY WHY are you getting gunshy on that blank. It is ok to WAIT if and only if you plan on following through, otherwise just 3bet the flop.

Judging by the play after you fold, it looks like you could very well have been good.

DISCLAIMER: I am used to party poker, and if pacific players are that much better, then i will rescind my comments, but it would have to be absolute rock heaven before I lay this one down.

SnakeRat
08-15-2004, 05:47 AM
Its not sound.

You probably have the best hand, and if one of them has 2-pair you have a considerable amount of outs.

Board not scary at all.

thirddan
08-15-2004, 03:53 PM
bump...