PDA

View Full Version : Phil Hellmuth Chipset

Stew
08-15-2004, 02:18 AM
Any opinions on these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5915238322&category=19 085&sspagename=rvi:1:3

ohgeetee
08-15-2004, 03:24 AM
i can't stand to look at him for a few seconds on TV. looking at him at every poker game would be good i guess, if my only other option were ramming railroad spikes into my eyes.

as far as quality goes, i am not sure though.

PS i heard the dealer button has a pic of him shirtless on the underside.

SlyAK
08-15-2004, 03:31 AM
Do you really want to stare at Phil H in your homegame?? Maybe the chips could put your opponents on tilt though so it might be a good idea.....

No idea on quality though.

Sly

hutz
08-15-2004, 11:16 AM
I'm exercising my masochistic side today, so I decided to check out the link. Here's a quote from the puffery in the sales pitch about the chips and videos:

"These entertaining videos, hosted by Phil Hellmuth, entitled "Million Dollar Poker System" and "Million Dollar Secrets to Bluffing and Tells," reveal how you can learn how not to lose your shirt in a poker tournament." (emphasis added)

If he knows that secret, why in the hell can't he keep his @^&%@@%^ shirt on during the player profile pieces that are forced on us in WPT, WSOP, etc., telecasts?!?! Warning: obscure The Simpsons reference coming -- With Phil's physique, I'm thinking he has eaten one too many batches of Moe's "Million Dollar Birthday Fries."

niagarapoker
08-15-2004, 11:27 AM
I just went to see M. Night Shyamalan's "the Village" last night, but those chips are much scarier.

Stew
08-15-2004, 03:01 PM
OK, now that you've all got the Phil bashing out of your system. I don't care about the chips with his mug on them, I won't be using those.

I'm wondering about the ones that have the Tournament Pro Series on them, those are the chips I'm talking about. They look nice, IMO.

Anyone ever use them, what do they feel like?

dakine
08-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Nah! I still wanna Bash. Have a picture of him wiping his eyes with a pamper...Now that- I might consider buying. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Stew
08-15-2004, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nah! I still wanna Bash. Have a picture of him wiping his eyes with a pamper...Now that- I might consider buying. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what, I have no problem with people hijacking threads on occasion, but you have 14 posts, so wait until you collect some more posts and credibility before you jack my thread please.

other than that, I agree with you, but I would like some serious responses here. There are plenty of Hellmuth bashing threads over in the TV forum go jump on those.

I think the Tournament Pro Series chips look good and I'm seriously considering buying them, but I'd like some input.

hutz
08-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Sorry if you thought I was threadjacking. I wasn't entirely sure your post was serious. Now that I can see it was, then I'll suggest you contact the seller to make damned sure the tournament chips and the Hellmuth-befouled chips are not one in the same, with the tournament printing on one side and the crybaby's pics on the other. Also, given that the chips are described as being part of a "signature series," it makes me wonder whether you might be able to find the same chips with different player(s)' pictures on them. The seller might be able to tell you whether that is the case.

Stew
08-15-2004, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if you thought I was threadjacking. I wasn't entirely sure your post was serious. Now that I can see it was, then I'll suggest you contact the seller to make damned sure the tournament chips and the Hellmuth-befouled chips are not one in the same, with the tournament printing on one side and the crybaby's pics on the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already know the answer to that, the 1,5, 25 and 100 have the tournament pro series on both sides. The higher denomination chips have his picture on them. If I had that question, i could have figured the solution out on my own.

I want to know if anyone that has ACTUALLY used, seen or knows someone that has used these chips, what they think of them.

I'm intelligent enough to look at a picture and make my own impressions just like anyone else. i don't want someone to open my link and give me their opinion, I want someone who knows what these chips feel and sound like to comment.

Thanks!

kgbwins08
08-15-2004, 09:31 PM
For the most part they are good. Except ALL of the chips with his face on them. Those are terrible. The others are nice though. Wouldnt buy them myself.

Stew
08-15-2004, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For the most part they are good. Except ALL of the chips with his face on them. Those are terrible. The others are nice though. Wouldnt buy them myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you played with them or just an opinion on the look?

The reason I ask is b/c I really like the look of the High Roller chips that are linked below, but they have that metallic clank and slick feel to them which blows.

italianstang
08-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Those are AWESOME!! Except that I would puke everytime I looked at them, except for that.

niagarapoker
08-15-2004, 11:10 PM
Stew,
I retail poker chips and recently I was sent a sample of the tournament pro chip. The one that I was sent was exactly that same weight and feel as the printed royal flush "fan of cards" and "high roller" type of chips. I personally like the feel of those, but if you don't, I don't think you would be happy with the tournament pro chip. Hope this helps.

Stew
08-16-2004, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stew,
I retail poker chips and recently I was sent a sample of the tournament pro chip. The one that I was sent was exactly that same weight and feel as the printed royal flush "fan of cards" and "high roller" type of chips. I personally like the feel of those, but if you don't, I don't think you would be happy with the tournament pro chip. Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a million for the reply and the info, very helpful!

On the high roller chips, by feel I mean they feel slippery and I'm not fond of the squared edges. As far as the sound, I just don't like the sound of metal insert chips, I guess.

upobanij
08-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Stew: the chips are 11.5g ABS 2-tone chips with 4-color prints on the center section (for the tournament chips) and 6-color print on the center section (for the hellmuth chips). Each set has 460 tournament chips, 40 hellmuth chips. They are made from the same materials as other chinese-made chips, so have the same texture. However the mold was made so that the chips have rounded, smooth corners, unlike the sharp angled Royal Flush chips out there. If you're wondering how I know this, I work for the company making the hellmuth set in hong kong. Think you can buy sample sets of a few chips if you want to see the quality before buying an entire set, also on ebay.

Jaraim
08-16-2004, 11:07 AM
They should definitely sell "sampler packs" of the chips with good ol' Phil's face on them. I'd be willing to spend $5 on 4 of them just so I could give one away whenever someone complains about a suck-out.

wacki
08-16-2004, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They should definitely sell "sampler packs" of the chips with good ol' Phil's face on them. I'd be willing to spend $5 on 4 of them just so I could give one away whenever someone complains about a suck-out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea, except I think he should be crying in all of these chips like he ussually does.

Stew
08-16-2004, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I buy the set, which I'm actually going to get two sets b/c I need more than 500 chips, I'll sell you mine. 5 for $5.

Stew
08-16-2004, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stew: the chips are 11.5g ABS 2-tone chips with 4-color prints on the center section (for the tournament chips) and 6-color print on the center section (for the hellmuth chips). Each set has 460 tournament chips, 40 hellmuth chips. They are made from the same materials as other chinese-made chips, so have the same texture. However the mold was made so that the chips have rounded, smooth corners, unlike the sharp angled Royal Flush chips out there. If you're wondering how I know this, I work for the company making the hellmuth set in hong kong. Think you can buy sample sets of a few chips if you want to see the quality before buying an entire set, also on ebay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info, I was definitely going to buy the samples prior to actually ordering the item, but I wanted to get some opinions here to see if even the samples would be worth pursuing.