PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Negreanu now in ESPN event?

riverflush
08-15-2004, 12:58 AM
Over at Big Slick News (http://bigslicknews.com) they are saying that Daniel Negreanu may be invited to play in the ESPN Tournament of Champions after all.

He really does deserve to be there. The original list had great players, no doubt, but Negreanu is on a great run this past year and has held his own against these legends.

Dynasty
08-15-2004, 01:09 AM
Negraneau posted on RGP that he was invited to play in the tournament.

riverflush
08-15-2004, 01:16 AM
Looks like they're right on...

cool. He deserved to be in.

Nottom
08-15-2004, 12:02 PM
Soooo, who got cut?

kgbwins08
08-15-2004, 09:18 PM
????

riverflush
08-16-2004, 01:39 AM
Will be taped September 1st and 2nd, will air on ESPN September 21st at 9pm. I believe it's going down at the Rio.

Stew
08-16-2004, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Will be taped September 1st and 2nd, will air on ESPN September 21st at 9pm. I believe it's going down at the Rio.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's at Deadwood, isn't it?

riverflush
08-16-2004, 07:58 PM
The Deadwood story gained legs because of comments made by the owner of the Franklin Hotel in Deadwood...who jumped the gun on rumors. ESPN now has retracted the story completely. There may be a Deadwood event, but this Tournament of Champions has nothing to do with Deadwood.

Any WSOP branded event is controlled by Harrah's - so they have the first say in where it is held. The TOC will be at either Horseshoe or the Rio, and I've heard the Rio numerous times.

Stew
08-16-2004, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Deadwood story gained legs because of comments made by the owner of the Franklin Hotel in Deadwood...who jumped the gun on rumors. ESPN now has retracted the story completely. There may be a Deadwood event, but this Tournament of Champions has nothing to do with Deadwood.

Any WSOP branded event is controlled by Harrah's - so they have the first say in where it is held. The TOC will be at either Horseshoe or the Rio, and I've heard the Rio numerous times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alrighty then, thanks for the clarification!