PDA

View Full Version : 99 Against a Bijillion Passive Callers

josh1122
08-14-2004, 08:09 PM
This was an extremely loose/passive table. I didnt like my turn raise with the four card straight on board, but when not three bet and checked to on the river, I didn't know what to think(I'd have bet the river if it wasn't a flush card). I was well prepared to fold to a 3bet ont the turn, but should I have checked or folded instead of raised? Any thoughts?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (15 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

River: (23 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 23 BB

Nemesis
08-14-2004, 08:11 PM
value bet the river, otherwise well played.

Nottom
08-14-2004, 08:11 PM
Call the flop, raise the turn if a good card comes. The pot is too big to make anyone fold anything with a bet on the flop.

This is practically right out of SSH.

Edit: I think you can probably bet the river as well

josh1122
08-14-2004, 08:18 PM
Yes, I just read that section this afternoon but I guess it's gonna take some practice to realize when to apply it. And now that you bring it up, I recognize it in this spot.

Nemesis
08-14-2004, 09:52 PM
as it turns out, he got the +EV in on both flop/turn. His raise on the flop didn't prevent MP2 from betting into him again so it worked out in the end.