PDA

View Full Version : JJ in a interesting pot.

Ponks
08-14-2004, 07:59 PM
My friend and I have been discussing about this hand for the past 5 minutes and I think it's a pretty interesting hand. Mainly our talk was trying to put these guys on some hands and if I had a value bet on the river of not. Only read I have is that MP3 is a little maniacal. I've seen him limp-reraise a few times, and only one time I actually got to see what he brought to the showdown A7o. He's pretty LAG, but not WAY out of hand. No reads on the other guy, I'm pretty sure he just sat down.

Thanks
Ponks

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

River: (15.16 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 17.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17.16 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

Nick709
08-14-2004, 08:16 PM
I think you played it great BB probably had a PP 6's 7's maybe 9's or possibly a suited connector 89s or 78s maybe, probably at least A8 I put the LAG(MP3) squarely on a flush draw maybe A4s but could be anything. I don't see a queen as a threat and since you just got called in both places the river an easy value bet.

TheHip41
08-14-2004, 08:29 PM
You are way ahead on the river here. If the BB had two pair, he'd either bet the turn, or c/r the turn. Since he just check/called, you can assume he has a PP less than yours, or A8. MP players looks like he has hearts, since he folded the river. Easy river bet.

Derek

Garland
08-14-2004, 08:53 PM
Looks pretty good to me. Looks like the maniac had a heart draw and backed down when the heart didn't materialize on the turn.

Garland

Trix
08-14-2004, 09:02 PM
Looks good, BB dont have a queen very often here and the other guy most likely had a flushdraw. Since the pot is big BB will pay off with TT/99, maybe worse.

Ponks
08-15-2004, 02:22 AM
Guess I didnt know BB was that passive, as I said I think it was his first hand. But even if he is more aggressive I guess I only lose 1/2 a BB extra. My friend was telling me I should check behind here on the river but he couldn't really put them on a hand that beats me, he just used the excuse that they'll call with anything and I'm probably beaten by a Q. But I insisted that I had a value bet here on the end and just wanted to clear some things up here.

Edit- Ops, opponent has KK and MHING

Thanks
Ponks