PDA

View Full Version : TruePoker SNG promotion (free)

AleoMagus
08-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Truepoker has a promotion right now where new players get four freeroll SNGs.

Prizes are:
1st $25
2nd $15
3rd $10

So basically it's 4 free $5 tourneys.

For all you $5 players and other small stakes players this is a good opportunity. Ah who am I kidding... I'm doing it too /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

You have to make a real moey deposit to cash off any winnings, but I don't think there is any restriction about just making the deposit and cashing off immediately.

I suspect that the freeroll SNGs will be very soft, but probably no more so than the average $5 tourney. I'll let you all know

Regards
Brad S

Yawkey
08-14-2004, 05:29 PM
Good looking out Aleo, I'll certainly be checking this out, I'm not one to turn down a chance at free money.

Thanks

w_raedy99
08-14-2004, 07:36 PM
I am new and all but I saw this and tried out truepoker. (btw - i am w_ready99 on pp and truepoker, typo when registering)

I got 10th the first tourney by having AA lose to 77 all-in preflop.

I then played another and got 2nd, but had QQ beat AA all-in preflop.

I have registered for another one but have not started the game yet. All in all, average players for the most part it seems like.

Will

Cry Me A River
08-14-2004, 08:47 PM
I did their newbie tournaments several weeks ago and won $50 out of a possible $100 despite playing like a complete punk. I ran that up to a little over $200 at their $1/$2 tables before loosing it all in a week-end-o-tilt (yeh, yeh, you've all been there).

Anyway, the newbie SNG's are pretty soft. I really only played $1/$2 ring (you can only use the free money for ring games, not tournaments). The site's pretty small, usually about 3 full $1/$2 tables in the day, 5 or 6 at night. Higher limits are a little sparse, there are usually about half as many $2/$4 tables as $1/$2. Higher than that I never paid attention.

Blinds at $1/$2 are $1bb and $1sb which takes some adjusting.

Quality of players is about what you'd expect but there are a lot fewer of them so you'll have a hard time getting away from the good players - You'll almost never find a table that's all fish even at $1/$2

I like the software though a lot of people find it annoying and I think if it ever establishes itself the software will be a real fish magnet.

I never did buy-in, but I have a whole whack of their True Points from all the ring games so I'll probably buy-in, eventually, as they can be cashed in for freerolls which are probably fairly juicy.

w_raedy99
08-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Played all 4 now. Ended up with $25, a 2nd and a 3rd. Got 10th on the first one having AA lose to 77. Got 4th on the last one having a pair of aces lose to a straight draw on the river.

All in all I am happy but feel like I could've done better. Also, on the last table I played I ran into Brad and mrdvl.

Will

AleoMagus
08-14-2004, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I finished my last against wready and mrdvl also.

$25 total profit. 5th, 3rd, 4th and 2nd

Soft does nothing to describe these sngs. I saw some amazing all-ins and some more amazing calls.

My 4th place finish I went all-in with AK with 2nd biggest stack and was called by J7o and 24s. Maybe it's been a while since I've played a $5 sng, but this played more like a play money tourney in my opinion. Do not try being sneaky in these things. I never stole once without getting a call.

Easy money if it's worth your while.

Regards
Brad S

newcool
08-14-2004, 09:53 PM
Played in 3 so far and got first once. I really like the graphics and animations. However, I think that they should add smaller limits. The lowest limit is $1/2 and that is too big for $25.

ralphthemouse
08-14-2004, 10:29 PM
how does the money work? is this 'bonus' money? or can i play with it right away??

as well, would i have to play any ring games after depositing to cash out the winnings?

Cry Me A River
08-15-2004, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how does the money work? is this 'bonus' money? or can i play with it right away??

[/ QUOTE ]

You can play with it right away, however, only ring games.

I'm virtually certain that if you deposit you can use the money any way you want.

[ QUOTE ]

as well, would i have to play any ring games after depositing to cash out the winnings?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never did deposit (should have so I could have played tourneys instead of ring, ah well...) but it certainly looks like you can withdraw right away.

TaxGoddess
08-15-2004, 06:00 AM
I really like this site, thanks for the info on it. Sometimes there is are glitches w/ the audio, but I like how your hole cards are not always visible. Can get better reads on people (I think) by noting when they have to look at their hands. And it is good practice (for me at least) to remember my hole cards in preparation for playing live. I have been playing 1/2 for a couple hours and it has been fun. I am looking forward to trying the newbie SnGs.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AleoMagus
08-15-2004, 06:27 AM
I definitely agree about the hole cards tell.

I find during live play if a flop comes completely suited and players look at their hole cards it is a very reliable tell that they do not yet have the flush but are checking their hole cards to be sure that they have a high fourth card of that suit. I'm sure that this tell, and others like it would be exploitable there.

Regards
Brad S

slidewinder
08-15-2004, 10:10 AM
I signed up there and played a few of the play money S&Gs (cool that they have them for fish like me). Do the "New Player" S&Gs show up in the S&G list on the main (real money) server? Any idea as to the schedule when they might appear?

tedtodd
08-16-2004, 09:29 PM
Does anyone know when they offer these Newbie tourneys?

sabre170
08-16-2004, 09:50 PM
I don't want to play at a site where I have to make pencil notes on my own hole cards, to keep from giving a tell!

Online is better than B&M for me, and that is one of the reasons!

Keres
08-17-2004, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quality of players is about what you'd expect but there are a lot fewer of them so you'll have a hard time getting away from the good players - You'll almost never find a table that's all fish even at $1/$2

[/ QUOTE ]

This hasn't been my experience. I found the 1/2 and the 2/4 at True to be very very soft. There may be one or two people at a table who have some idea what they're doing but thats about it. The party tables at the same limits are considerably more challenging (some of you may not believe thats possible.)

Reason I don't play more often at True is the inability to multi-table.

For people just starting out I'd definitely recommend it. The interface is friendly and even fun, the small userbase makes it a social environment - play a few nights a week and you will make friends - maybe because of this the players seem more laid back than party - the a-hole quotient is lower, and the games are soft.

Cry Me A River
08-17-2004, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This hasn't been my experience. I found the 1/2 and the 2/4 at True to be very very soft.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found them to be extremely passive, with pre-flop raises extremely rare and almost everyone willing to fold to a bet in late position when it's been checked around. Almost no LAGs. However, there always seemed to be one or two decent (for 1/2) players at every (full) table.

Shrug. YMMV. Maybe it was just the week or two I was there. Definately a good place to play if you're not going to multi-table.

dandy_don
08-17-2004, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Soft does nothing to describe these sngs. I saw some amazing all-ins and some more amazing calls.

Easy money if it's worth your while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, I was able to join the Newbie SNG#6 and #10 this evening. 2 down and I hit a 3rd and a 1st for $35.00 so far.

Zaxenexaz
08-18-2004, 09:36 AM
Has anyone just deposited money and withdrew their money+SNG winnings?

TruePoker CEO
08-24-2004, 01:35 AM
You might try our regular S&Gs or our NL ring games as well. It is the same pool of players.

Truepoker CEO

TruePoker CEO
08-24-2004, 01:43 AM
We are testing multi-table software currently.

We will post it on 2+2 when we launch it in real money games.

Truepoker CEO

t_perkin
08-24-2004, 06:40 AM
I haven't played there for 4 or 6 months. Last time I played the NL ring it was pretty easy money. But I couldn't be bothered to hang around for the SnGs to fill up.

Also I had real problems cashing out, but I was the exception, everyone else I spoke to had had no problems.

Do you still only allow one table at a time?

Tim

Zaebos
08-24-2004, 10:53 AM
What do u have to do to get the deposit bonus, i didn't see it anywhere on the website

dandy_don
08-24-2004, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We are testing multi-table software currently

[/ QUOTE ]

Any future plans for Stud?

I've played 3 of the 4 newbie games and hit a 1st and two 3rds so far and with the winnings I have played some ring games as well and having a little luck there. I have some conservative critisism to share:
1. I like the software, but the lags have got to stop. The jumpiness of the software is enough to drive one mad.
2. Must work on becoming Poker Tracker tolerant (e-mailed hand histories that conform to Poker Tracker).
3. Must work on allowing better note taking on players, the current system is not well designed. I believe I saw that only 10 charaters can be used(?).
4. Need to slow down the speed at the end of a hand. You can never see the cards as they are exposed at the showdown. Several times now, I will have to open the logs to see the winning hand and other hands.

Not trying to down the site, I like it better than most, although it will be no higher than 3rd on my list of preferred places. I have no current plans to run with the money yet, but improvements are desperately needed.

Ogre
08-25-2004, 02:26 AM
I am considering making an account on True Poker but I was wondering are these newbie s&gs easy to get into or do they fill up really fast?

OGRE

TruePoker CEO
08-25-2004, 11:05 AM
We post 10 per day, either in the morning or evening. They are all 10 player sit & gos, so unless 100 players* suddenly pop in ahead of you, an eligible player can get into a Newbie.

*As much as I would like it to be so, it is unlikely that 100 Newbies will try and sign in at any given time.

Truepoker CEO

Ogre
08-26-2004, 07:56 PM
Thanks, I just registered for one.

Ogre
08-26-2004, 09:25 PM
True poker is going great i placed 2nd in my first newbie sng then turned that 15 into 50 at the NL 50 tables.