PDA

View Full Version : eggplants, tomatos and basil

M2d
08-14-2004, 03:03 PM
thought I'd take a break from all the noise that's infected this forum lately and give a garden update.
the eggplants have been fruiting, and I've harvested some nice six to seven inch japanese eggplants in the past couple of weeks. had some on the grill and I'm told that they were very good (I just grow them; don't touch the stuff myself). The tomatos are doing well also, but I've only gotten a few off the plant so far this year. lots of green ones hanging around for the next few weeks, though. the ones I've had were very tasty, paired with the basil, a little olive oil, salt, balsamic vinegar, pepper and fresh mozzarella.

the other week, my wife and I enjoyed a dinner of steamed kelp greenling (that I caught), chinese style, and a tomato salad. I only had to buy the rice, ginger and cilantro (green onions came from the garden as well).

Ray Zee
08-14-2004, 03:53 PM
all summer i have been eating organic from the garden.-beets, tomatoes, kale, spinach,sugar snap peas, peas, green beans, strawberries and rhubard made into pie, carrots,cukes, asparagas,lettuce,turnips,fennel, basil, sage,parsnips,
soon-corn,big tomatoes,grapes,blueberries,melons,squash,

huckelberries out in the woods. still have a dried 5 gallon bucket of morel mushrooms. next month the shaggy manes, and fried chicken mushrooms come out.