PDA

View Full Version : POLL: JJ heads-up on the flop

btspider
08-14-2004, 01:56 PM
For what its worth, I have raised the previous 3 hands PF as well. I had ATs, QQ, AJo, won two of the three, but showed none of them.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.75 BB, between Hero and UTG.[

/color]

Nemesis
08-14-2004, 06:12 PM
People, don't ever fold on that turn even in a multiway pot that comes back to you capped. You have 10 outs to a winner, or you may be ahead of 2 pair. You would have had a lot more action on that flop if you were against another set I think. On the river I think it's a fairly easy call. Obviously if you fill up reraise.

btspider
08-14-2004, 08:38 PM
The turn bet must be done. He'll call down heads-up with Jx, Qx, or Kx enough times to make it worthwhile.

The turn call is also a must. I have a lot of outs if he has the straight.

3-betting the turn check-raise is just burning your chips away. If he's bluffing, he'll fold. If he caps, you must call. Even if you can safely fold this river unimproved 100% of the time after a cap, you still spent one extra bet.

Since I only called his turn raise, he knows I don't have an Ace. He may continue bluffing, or value bet a broadway two-pair (which I beat!). I've got to call the river closing the action. I will win at least once in 9 times.

In this particular hand, villian did have A4o. Just remember, even though he will have the Ace more often than not, a call here will be profitable against an unknown.