PDA

View Full Version : 88 hand

kgrad5
08-14-2004, 12:29 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

what do yah all think?

easypete
08-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Beauty..

The T is a scare card (9 makes straight) I see no reason to believe that someone made a flush. Good value bet on river.

flexus
08-14-2004, 12:40 PM
I like much

kgrad5
08-14-2004, 12:47 PM
im not worried about the 10 so much since BB capped pf i have him on big pair QQ-AA im more worried about one of those Q's, K's or A's being a diamond, if he had JJ he would have pushed back on that turn.

p.s. i dont know why i changed the name of the post.. i kind of like the new one better though

DeathDonkey
08-14-2004, 04:02 PM
I think you should raise the flop. A middle diamond may call 2 here that he won't call on the turn. Also, SB may call with something like AK/AQ but certainly won't when the turn rags off.

Sorry your position sucks the way the betting went, nice floppage though!

-DeathDonkey

kgrad5
08-14-2004, 05:27 PM
if i raise the flop here it ties people to the pot and gives everyone with a single diamond in their hand the odds to draw to their diamond if i raise on the turn it looks more like i have the flush and it gives people with 1 diamond much worse odds to draw to their now 4-1 shot. So i figure i will wait till the turn, if its a non diamond raise it up. if its a diamond call and hope the board pairs..

DeathDonkey
08-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Ok I understand what your saying. But a big diamond may come along anyway, and you want those middle diamonds with no other way to beat you paying you off. I don't care how many opponents I get here with top set on a 3 flush board, either someone is going to get there, or they aren't. With top set I'm not looking to knock people out, just to maximize the money going in. Yay for increasing profit and variance at the same time! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-DeathDonkey