PDA

View Full Version : 5th Home Tournament... Biggest Turnout yet

Big O
08-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Our 5th installment of our No Limit Texas Hold’em tournament just finished up. The biggest turnout yet, 40 players. The tournament buy-in was 100 (for 2000 in chips) with a re-buy (at anytime during the tournament regardless of chip count). New to the tournament was an optionally add-on after the 1st three levels. With 40 player, rebuy’s and addon’s, the prize pool reached 7,800. Two players that did not participate in the event received 100 for the long hard effort. Food and drink costs for the tournament was removed the proze pool so that everyone participates in general costs of the tournament.

Starting at 8 PM using the Foxwoods Blind Schedule (http://www.geocities.com/thepokerfanatic/foxwoods.pdf) and finished at 3 AM. The only modification we made to the blind structure was each level went up 30 minutes instead of 20 minutes. Hindsite is truly 20/20. In order to make the tournament run a little faster; the structure should have run every 20 minutes after the 1st 2-levels. In addition the 1st level of blinds at 25-25 will be eliminated during the next tounament.

Getting back to the tournament play. This is coming from memory so some of the actually events may not be totally accurate. Sad to say I did not make it to the final table (placed somewhere between 12-18th place). I lost on a blind steal attempt with ATo. The blinds were 150/300 with a 50 ante. The button re-raise to 600 and I pushed with 5200 to steal. He had me cover by ~1500 and decided to call with A7o. I couldn’t belive the call and thought I was behind before I saw his cards. Well needless to say, the 7 came on the flop and I was out. Two mistakes were made my push and his call. I believe the later is bigger mistake, but that is how the cards fall.

Other noteable hands was AA getting a chop agaist AQ with board went runner-runner for Broadway. Getting to the final hand against Joe and Mike. Blinds are 1500/3000 with a 400 ante. Mike and Joe end up going allin pre-flop. Joe showed AK, against Mike’s T2o. Needless to say, AK got justice won. Joe went on to win 2960 (40%), Mike 1850 (25%), the rest received 1100, 740, 370, and 370. Not bad for our biggest player tournout for a little No Limit Texas Hold’em.

Big O
Hall of Fame (1st place finishes with amounts)
1st Bobby (2700)
2nd Joe R (2500)
3rd Rob (3100)
4th Scott (2100)
5th Joe C (2960)

daryn
08-14-2004, 03:59 PM
did you mean to post this on your blog but posted here by mistake?

i don't see any info... where are these tourneys being held? are you trying to recruit players? i'm not sure.

Big O
08-14-2004, 04:24 PM
This is actually a private invite Tourney. I was just trying to give a short recap of what happened. 40 players is a bit much for a house tourney. Just also wanted to give feedback on the Blind Schedule observations as well. The schedule was way too slow. When the final table was formed, the tourney was over in about an Hour. Getting to that point was a bit painful.
I actually just run the event, someone else does the invites, since it is the persons house and all.

I would love to here how other tourney's are run and their observations and so on. Anyone?