PDA

View Full Version : Runner-runnered?

Saborion
08-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks,

Flop: (3 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (8 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="green">So, what now? </font>

Haupt_234
08-14-2004, 11:32 AM
BB's likely hands that he would raise the flop with are:
AT
KT
AK
AQ
KQ

I think it is safe to say he does not hold a set nor did he flop a straight since he let off on the flop. Out of the 5 hands listed (which were the only ones I could think of), you beat 0 by the river and split with 1.

Unless the BB was being aggressive with Kxs or has the same hand as you do, you aren't getting any of this pot. I would check/fold the river.

Haupt_234

StellarWind
08-14-2004, 12:04 PM
You lose to any ace, queen, or jack and split with a king. Given that any drawing hand that raised the flop is now a made hand, there is little chance you have the best hand.

I don't expect a bluff to work very often. He will call in hopes you have Ax or AT. Betting is out.

I check-fold. In the unlikely event he does have a worse hand, I don't expect a bluff. Your problem is not obvious to him. Check represents a scared ace and he won't expect it to fold. You'll usually get your due when you are ahead.

Saborion
08-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Well, I couldn't put him on any hand that I would beat at the river. Best case I'd split the pot. But the probability of him having a better hand than me is too great.

I check-folded, and the proceeded to email Empire, asking them to remove the runner-runner hands and make them runner-nothing hands instead. I have yet to recieve an answer to that email.

Trix
08-14-2004, 08:51 PM
BB will probably raise more Aces, not that it favors calling or anything..

Garland
08-14-2004, 08:57 PM
You don't have position to check behind, and I can't imagine you ahead now. Check and hope he checks behind. If he bets, I think you can make the good fold here.

Garland