PDA

View Full Version : Folding in SB (auto-win for BB)

fatduck
08-14-2004, 02:29 AM
I'm strugging with short-handed play (3 or 4-handed in 1-table SnGs) and one thing I notice I have trouble with is playing from the small blind with garbage/marginal hands when folded to. Is it worth it just to give away your SB to the BB sometimes? It always feels like I'm showing extreme weakness by just calling. Should I be raising with just about anything here for folding equity? I know when I'm in this position as BB I often laugh when I get a free win with trash, but it's a pain in the ass when I get a freebie with KK or something.

Thoughts?

lastchance
08-14-2004, 02:50 AM
All depends on how big the blinds are. But normally, shorthanded, I like raising in this situation to try to take the pot right here. Either that, or you can call, and try to take the pot on the flop. You should be looking for reasons NOT to raise. If BB is incredibly loose, yeah, give it to him. If BB and you both have 20x BB, yeah, you can give it to him. But any time it's looking like the blinds are riding up there (you or your opponent have less than 10x BB), I'd bet and try to take the pot right then, unless I've been stealing a lot lately.