PDA

View Full Version : Ako steal position.

Bob T.
08-14-2004, 01:00 AM
Online 5-10 game. On the previous lap, I open raised from late position with A8s, flopped middle pair, bet the flop, and the turn, then checked behind on the river to lose to the BBs top pair, no kicker.

So folded to me, I open raise with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif folded to the BB who calls. Me and him again.

Flop 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He checks, I bet.

Turn K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He checks, I bet, he raises, I call.

River 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif He bets, I raise.

Based on his previous experience with me, I like how I played this hand, any comments?

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

umdpoker
08-14-2004, 01:14 AM
i forgot how much fun limit poker can be. now i see all of these fun hands.......i like the way you played.

brian0729
08-14-2004, 01:25 AM
I like it a lot.

Note to self: Start paying more attention. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Bob T.
08-14-2004, 10:29 AM
i forgot how much fun limit poker can be. now i see all of these fun hands.......i like the way you played.

Limit gets boring if you play all the hands by rote. If you don't, it can be a lot of fun.

Bob T.
08-14-2004, 10:37 AM
Start paying more attention.

Usually when you get checkraised on the turn, it is bad news for top pair, but because of the hand that we had just played, I was fairly certain that he would play top pair by checkraising the turn. I think he would have even checkraised with a nine or top pair on the flop. He did in fact have KT, and had made top pair on the turn, just as I did. If I hadn't paired on the turn, I was planning on checking behind and calling a bet on the river, because I thought that there was a high likelyhood of him checkraising the turn regardless of what he had.

I posted this, because I thought that it was a fun hand, and although I don't know exactly what he was thinking, I imagined that he was making an adjustment to what had happened before, and I was anticipating that, and making a counter adjustment.

See you all in a week, I'm heading off to the northwoods to chase walleyes.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Mike Gallo
08-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Based on his previous experience with me, I like how I played this hand, any comments?

I also like how you played it.

He considered you a LAG based on past experience. You set him up nicely.

To make a sports analogy, I think of when a football team has a great running game. They run the ball and then, they set up in run formation, utilize a play action pass and have a 30 yard pass completion. I call this setting up the pass by using the run.

Ni han sir /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Trix
08-14-2004, 10:51 AM
I like. You 3bet the turn vs an unknown here right ?