PDA

View Full Version : JJ turn decision

Steve Giufre
08-13-2004, 11:52 PM
20-40 Turning Stone. Solid player who I seems pretty ABC raises from late middle position. I three bet on button with J /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He calls, heads up.

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He checks, I bet he raises. Whats my play?

stoxtrader
08-13-2004, 11:57 PM
call down unless you improve. He could be doing this with a couple hands you beat, notably 99, TT, A8, or the Ad. I don't think raising does you any good, and it costs you 2BB to see a showdown in what will probably be a 10 or 11 BB pot, so are you good here 20%? I think so.

bernie
08-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Call.

Wouldn't he c/r the flop with a flush draw with overcards? I think he turned a draw. I doubt he has a 7 or a FH for that matter.

He could be getting tricky with an overpair. Im unsure, so i'm calling down.

b

steveyz
08-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Call. 88 is possible, but 99-KK is also possible. You beat enough of his possible holding to make this an easy call. 3-betting will not fold any better hands and if he has 88 he'll cap so I think there's really no value in that.

Garland
08-14-2004, 02:21 AM
Tough. From your description he's ABC and unlikely to bluff an unmade hand.

Unfortunately you don't have the J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and it appears likely you're drawing to two outs. Unless you have a history of folding an overpair heads up, I'd fold here. At best he has 99 or 10 10. At worst he has QQ, KK, AA or A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. or some other combination of high /images/graemlins/diamond.gif cards.

Garland

Lawrence Ng
08-14-2004, 03:04 AM
Fold.

bernie
08-14-2004, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tough. From your description he's ABC and unlikely to bluff an unmade hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

An ABC player isn't the same as a passive, play nuts only rock. Many do obvious semi bluffs. An ABC player would likely have bet a flush draw or an overpair here on the flop. ABC's will bet draws on flops.

b