PDA

View Full Version : AQo, TPTK no good?

joker122
08-13-2004, 08:10 PM
UTG is quite loose, and fairly aggressive. MP is unknown.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

I feel like I really misplayed the flop. It's time to cap or fold, right?

Turn: (10.70 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls.

River: (14.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 16.70 BB

stripsqueez
08-13-2004, 09:09 PM
i like capping the flop but what you did is bearable - i reckon fold is giving too much respect - lots of draws available which is why i cap

folding the turn looks a bit close but seems reasonable odds your flush draw is dead so i like it

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Apocalypse
08-14-2004, 08:20 AM
cap the flop, the turnfold is very good, these kind of folds will save you heaps of money in the long term

tripdad
08-14-2004, 02:27 PM
i don't think capping the flop would have been right. your hand is fairly strong now, but quite possibly drawing thin to a set. however, you could also be ahead but vulnerable to a very strong draw. i would call and fold if unimproved on the turn.

your mistake was folding to the turn card IMO. you have 13 outs that all look clean to me. for the flush, you really only need fear the A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gifor /images/graemlins/spade.gif, and the A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif. the most reasonable fear is the first given the flop action, however both are unlikely. (of course someone could already have a made flush, though that seems unlikely as well).

as for the K outs, i would think that the worst you could expect to do if you hit is to chop the pot, and you will more often than not take it down.

folding to the turn bets is not devastating by any means, but with the likelyhood of getting paid off on the river should your draw come makes folding a -EV play IMO.

cheers!

Apocalypse
08-14-2004, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't think capping the flop would have been right. your hand is fairly strong now, but quite possibly drawing thin to a set. however, you could also be ahead but vulnerable to a very strong draw. i would call and fold if unimproved on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is your reasoning for hands like these, on flops like these, im sorry but....pleasssee sit at my table and let me 3-bet random hands against you preflop as well on any flop in any flavour (surree ill mix it up if that keeps you thinking the way you think now)

joker122
08-14-2004, 04:08 PM
UTG had TdQh and MP had AcAd and HHWG.

tripdad
08-14-2004, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is your reasoning for hands like these, on flops like these, im sorry but....pleasssee sit at my table and let me 3-bet random hands against you preflop as well on any flop in any flavour (surree ill mix it up if that keeps you thinking the way you think now)

[/ QUOTE ]

if you overvalue your TPTK hands against multiple opponents and a draw-licious board, you are surely making -EV plays with regularity. again, my statement was that he might be ahead here (though he wasn't), but could be drawing slim (which he was).

cheers!

tripdad
08-14-2004, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG had TdQh and MP had AcAd and HHWG.

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't see the AA coming. very oddly played.

cheers!

joker122
08-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Neither did I. I suppose it was for deception purposes.