PDA

View Full Version : should I have folded

Gravino
08-13-2004, 07:51 PM
I played a hand recently that I want some opinions on. It was at $1/$2 table online and the small blind raised ahead of me after everyone else folded. I had k2 suited. I had a pretty decent read on the guy and I'm pretty confident he wasn't trying to steal the blinds, but I also felt that if the flop hit me with something like two pair or trips that I would get some pretty good action. He probably would have folded if I had made a flush though. I decided to call, flopped two pair, and won the hand with the level of action that I expected. I'm wondering if it was a bad call pre-flop though.

Nottom
08-13-2004, 07:54 PM
K2s in the BB against an SB open raise? Seems like a pretty standard call to me.

1p0kerb0y
08-13-2004, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but I also felt that if the flop hit me with something like two pair or trips that I would get some pretty good action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not play every hand then?

I would call with K2s to a small blind raise and take it from there. Good flop for ya!

Gravino
08-13-2004, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not play every hand then?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I'm not sure about my play. I would have had to fold a pair of kings because he may have had a king with a good kicker. I only had two hands that I felt I could profitably make and with the possibility of pre-flop trips I would have probably lost big.

Nottom
08-13-2004, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have had to fold a pair of kings because he may have had a king with a good kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

A pair of Kings would be more tahn enough to win your average heads-up pot. He's much more likely to have an A or a pocket pair smaller than Kings than to have you dominated. If you flop a K you should usually just call him down and bet if checked to.