PDA

View Full Version : KQo UTG.

bisonbison
08-13-2004, 06:44 PM
MP2 is a super loosepassive coldcaller preflop. He gets aggressive postflop.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (8.16 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, how does calling down look?

W. Deranged
08-13-2004, 06:49 PM
I really can't think of anything I would do differently. I certainly don't think you can fold at any point in the hand, and I also don't think you can play the turn or the river more aggressively, as your opponent is representing (and seems very likely to have) a 10. I think you played it correctly.

elindauer
08-13-2004, 06:49 PM
Looks fine to me. Reraising the turn or check-raising the river seem like possibilities, but no, that's a bit too much to lose to a ten, especially since he may very well have one.

my 2 cents.
Eric

MoreWineII
08-13-2004, 06:51 PM
"MP2 is a super loosepassive coldcaller preflop. He gets aggressive postflop."

How aggressive? Crazy Man aggressive or selectively aggressive if he's got a good piece of it?

bisonbison
08-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Depends. He's started bluffs and shown down A-high after running into counteraggression. He just seems all over the place.

joker122
08-13-2004, 06:57 PM
I think given your read, folding would be terrible. I think I would call this down even against an unknown, in fact. This could be KJ, 2 clubs, or another strangley played hand.

But most importantly, the pot is quite large.

MoreWineII
08-13-2004, 07:14 PM
All over the place is hard to play against. I think call-down mode sounds fine.

Garland
08-13-2004, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero bets, MP2 raises, CO folds, Button folds, how does calling down look?

[/ QUOTE ]

With 3 players to react to his raise, this invariably means he has a 10 (or better). You're drawing thin to two outs and I think you can drop this. Occasionally he might be picking up a /images/graemlins/club.gif flush and is semi-bluffing, but one would think he would want more callers in case he hits his flush.

Added: I just read some additional facts. Since you stated he is super aggressive and capable of bluffs with A-high, then you probably have to call him down.

Garland

bernie
08-13-2004, 11:37 PM
If he gets aggressive postflop, this could mean a wide variety of hands here. He may have waited with a K/smaller kicker to raise the turn. Could've turned a flush draw and is using the T pairing as a semi bluff.

Given this player, i'd call him down.

b

stir
08-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Just got done re-reading SSH section concerning the play of big pots.
I think on that basis alone this isn't even close: call it down

bdk3clash
08-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Bison's deciding between 3-betting the turn and just calling down. Folding isn't on his radar. Or his gaydar.

I'm all about calling this one down, even with the read.

Malificent
08-16-2004, 11:23 AM
I like calling down here too. My guess would be Kx of clubs, giving him a pair and a flush draw on the turn. I've seen more and more people playing that much more aggressively on the turn than I would've expected.

MoreWineII
08-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Say you 3-bet, he caps, what then?

bisonbison
08-16-2004, 02:13 PM
Say you 3-bet, he caps, what then?

Then I would wonder what doppleganger had replaced myself and made me 3bet the turn.

If he's bluffing he may fold to a 3-bet. If he has a T, he's likely to cap. It's a lose the least/win the most kind of thing.

For the record:

I called. River was a Q. I check-called. He had a ten and my hand was not good.

MoreWineII
08-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Your hand was pretty good really. It just wasn't good enough.

StellarWind
08-16-2004, 03:26 PM
You have to call down. He may be semibluffing a flush draw, he may be pure bluffing, and he may be a stupid person with a weaker king

He may even be making a somewhat thoughtful free showdown play with a hand like 88. He badly needs to protect this hand and raising behind the second ten may accomplish that at no extra cost. If anyone reraises he can easily fold.

Of course the obvious explanation is he has a ten. 3-betting is ridiculous. Sure you can fold to a cap--unless he's bluffing /images/graemlins/blush.gif--but what happens when he puts you on a cowboy set and calls? You go first on the river, have fun.

colgin
08-16-2004, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises, . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you consider this a standard pre-flop raise or is this table specific.

stir
08-16-2004, 04:05 PM
...somehow you interpret I was thinking fold was an option, even tho I said nothing of the sort.

As to your comment that he is considering raisng the turn, that is just plain wrong. As written, he has yet to act on the river and is asking if he should call it down, as opposed to telling us what he actually wound up doing.

bdk3clash
08-16-2004, 04:22 PM
...somehow you interpret I was thinking fold was an option, even tho I said nothing of the sort.

I guess I extrapolated that you were thinking he was deciding between calling the turn and folding the turn, whereas to me it was pretty clear bison was deciding between calling the turn and raising the turn.

Sorry for putting words in your mouth.

As to your comment that he is considering raisng the turn, that is just plain wrong. As written, he has yet to act on the river and is asking if he should call it down, as opposed to telling us what he actually wound up doing.

Huh? The original post stopped at the point bison gets raised on the turn. That's what I responded to.