PDA

View Full Version : FIRST POST

punch
08-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Hello fellow poker players Ive been along time lurker. I am hoping to get some feedback about my pt stats.Ive been playing poker for one year, the results are 6.00 per hour when playing 3/6 the with a drop to 2/4 breakevenish -4.00 per hour. PT STATS= hands 15794 vip 14.72 wsf 27.37 went to showdown 35.26 pfr 5.5 results even no profit no loss.My view is iam weak post flop, and seem too have hudge varianve in my 2/4 game.
I dont think iam a lost soul.I believe iam no worse than breakeven, but have shown a 1bb per hour average until the last 5-6 wks. Due to circumstances unplanned Iam currently out of work.My wife works and i want to supplement my unemployement with poker earnings.
Iam playing (3) three hour sessions a day 6 days a week. my day starts at 830 reading 2+2, and reviewing pt stats i read from 3-4. with the unemployement 4.00$ per hour keeps our income good. I want 8$ and iam willing to do whatever it takes to get there.I love this game. I dont want big scores I want solid consistant play and returns. Please any comments and guidence welcome
Thank you

Sponger15SB
08-13-2004, 06:23 PM
multitable.

and use paragraphs.

fsuplayer
08-13-2004, 07:24 PM
You'll likely get more/better responses in the small stakes forum.

And yeah, please use paragraphs. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

make sure and check out david ross' first posts where he talks about playing for a living.
The link for it is under the general forum under Favorite 2+2 threads. Save that entire thread and read and reread it!

good luck with your efforts.

fsuplayer

shadow29
08-13-2004, 10:33 PM
where is this? i'm having trouble finding it...

MicroBob
08-13-2004, 11:03 PM
the formula for getting to where you trying to go is simple.

get SSHE (or WLLHE if necessary....but you seem to have played enough where you're fine for SSHE).

go to the SS and ML forums and read through as many hand-history threads as you can. you will learn much.

this is what i did....4 months of playing poker full-time for income and counting.

Nottom
08-14-2004, 12:17 AM
You seem like you already read the boards. Thats good.

Now start posting your own hands and responding to others. If you haven't read "Small Stakes Hold'Em" go to the bookstore ASAP, buy it, and read it (put "The Theory of Poker" and "Hold'em for Advanced Players" on your to read list as well).

But really the best place to learn about the games you are in is right here. Lots of very good players, giving free advice to players that want to take the time to learn. Follow that advice and $8/hour will seem like chump change.

Good luck, hope to see some posts from you soon.

x2ski
08-14-2004, 12:24 AM
"and use paragraphs."

LMAO

punch
08-14-2004, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the advice and I will try paragraphs, sorry.

Surfbullet
08-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Don't apologize - despite sounding a bit harsh I'm sure it was meant as advice, because you will get more responses if your posts are clear and easy to read.

Best of luck.

Surf

lacky
08-14-2004, 11:17 PM
The 2 most important things IMHO are working on your multi tabling and making sure you are getting rake back or bonus money.
Playing 4 .5/1 tables (if you are able, not all can) is far more profitable and consistent than playing one 2/4 game. Playing 4 2/4 games is better than one 8/16, etc. This is because you are up against worse opponents. Make sure you have a monitor you can set to 1200 X 1600 resolution so the tables don’t overlap. If your current monitor won't do it a 19' CRT can be had for about $200. Once you get you game down solid, 4 big bets per 100 hands is very doable at .5/1. Playing 240 hand per hour on 4 tables is $9.60 an hour. 2BB/100 are more realistic for 2/4 and 3/6, but at that rate playing 4 tables works out to about $19 to $28 per hour. This is all very doable if you get your game solid and play multiple tables. It all hinges on a solid game though. Play .5/1 as many tables as you can for one month. That should give you about 40,000 hands. During that month study lots and review your own play for mistakes you didn't realize you where making. Study other good players (you can have my hand histories if you want some). When your BB/100 is up to 3 with at least 40,000 hands move up to 1/2 for at least one month/40,000 hands. If you’re at 2BB/100 or more, move up again. If you follow this plan your always playing where you belong and you have clear goals. It's also a more structured approach than most have followed, myself included. If I had been this structured I would have reached my goals faster.
The rakeback you get through an affiliate account is important in that it is steady dependable income. You get it just for being at the tables. With a good affiliate deal playing 4 tables you can make about $5 an hour at 2/4, $9 an hour at 3/6. The same can be accomplished by bonus clearing.

Hope all this helps

Steve

( If you guys disagree with any of this lets hear it. I hate giving bad advise)

Surfbullet
08-15-2004, 12:29 AM
pssst....paragraphs...

oh the irony!

lacky
08-15-2004, 12:42 AM
weird, they must not survive a word cut and paste