PDA

View Full Version : S&Gs

steelcmg
08-13-2004, 04:11 PM
I was just recently in a LHE sit and go it was really early in the tourney no one was out yet. i was already rivered 3 times in a row with the best hand to crapy draw hands so i decided to sit back and wait more. I was delt pocket 33 MP and got raised 3 times its was at 30 60 blinds. so i decided to fold my hand i still had 1100 in chips left should i have called just to see a flop. The flop landed a 3 and then anotherone on the turn. If i would have called i would have really gotten alot of chips cuz one of the guys hit a set of aces. I just want to know if it was right to fold since i was in a bad run or is it always better to just see a flop with PP when the limits are still low.

dethgrind
08-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Definitely fold those threes here. In the early stages of the tourney, in early position, it might not be a bad idea to throw 33 away even without a raise in front of you. Check out Aleo Magus' ABC guide (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=602767&page=&view=&sb =5&o=) for more advice on preflop play.

fatduck
08-14-2004, 02:59 AM
Don't be results-oriented! :P

Virox
08-14-2004, 01:22 PM
"I just want to know if it was right to fold since i was in a bad run"

Never fold b/c you're on a bad run, it doesn't matter. Fold when you don't have the odds to call.

ddubois
08-14-2004, 01:52 PM
That guide is for no-limit play !