PDA

View Full Version : AKo, played correctly?

PhilipJ
08-13-2004, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the comments for my last hand. Here is another hand I am not sure with.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Does my play look ok? Should I cap the flop? How about turn and river?

cold_cash
08-13-2004, 03:50 PM
I'd cap the flop and slow down if he leads into me on the turn .

Your turn raise and subsequent call down wasn't the best move, IMO.

PhilipJ
08-13-2004, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd cap the flop and slow down if he leads into me on the turn .

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. Say I cap the flop and he bets out when the Q falls on the turn. I guess I would fold then because there is a good chance he has me beat and I don't have enough outs, right?

cartoonsoldier
08-13-2004, 04:04 PM
No, there is also a chance he has A3 and the Q counterfeited his two-pair.

He could have AK and tie for the pot and have AJ and lose the pot too.

PhilipJ
08-13-2004, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, there is also a chance he has A3 and the Q counterfeited his two-pair.

He could have AK and tie for the pot and have AJ and lose the pot too.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am the villain holding A3. After calling down the capped flop, should I bet out on the turn?

MisterKing
08-13-2004, 04:25 PM
I think a bet on the turn is mandatory if you're the villain. The pot is already large, and as the villain you're risking one bet (or two if raised and you will call) to win ~12 BB's. If I'm the hero here, I slow down when the second Q hits and try to get as cheap a showdown as I can.

cold_cash
08-13-2004, 04:39 PM
If he bets the turn after you cap the flop, I'd just call.

If you know this guy well enough to be able to raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet, that's one thing, but I'm not a big fan of that move, especially in a big pot.

I wouldn't fold in this spot, ever, especially at the micro-limits. This guy could be going nuts with almost anything, and the pot is just too big.

Once the second Queen comes and he bets into you, I would want to be seeing the showdown as cheaply as possible though.