PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Abbreviations

RocketManJames
08-13-2004, 02:37 PM
So, I click on "Abbreviations" on here... and I find a bunch of abbreviations, including some that I've simply never seen on this forum.

Then I notice that there are Unadvanced and Advanced sections in this list. And, under Advanced, there is a single abbreviation: RYP.

Why aren't there more Advanced abbreviations, and how come there's even a distinction. Was it a joke? Was this a list that was not yet complete? Did the author intend on adding to it?

Also, one more oddity:

TOC Trnmt Of Champions
TRNMT Tournament

I find it odd to define an abbreviation with another that hasn't yet been defined.

Just a couple of observations, what do you all think?

-RMJ

Ledererfan
08-13-2004, 02:46 PM
Yes, that is very frustrating to see an abbreviation when it has never been previously defined in the post. I read a whole thread yesterday talking about SSHE. Since it was never defined, I can only guess that it is Small States Hold'Em.

So, where'd you see the "Abbreviations" list?

spamuell
08-13-2004, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I read a whole thread yesterday talking about SSHE. Since it was never defined, I can only guess that it is Small States Hold'Em.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. I note you are from Indiana - if you move to New York you'll have to purchase Large States Hold'em and if you want to go to California, you should get yourself a copy of Hold'em Poker for Advanced Playaz.

RocketManJames
08-13-2004, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, where'd you see the "Abbreviations" list?

[/ QUOTE ]

Abbreviations Link (http://www.twoplustwo.com/abbrevs.html)

And it is a bit strange that the list includes some state abbreviations. But, NH is more often associated with "nice hand" than New Hampshire when talking online poker.

-RMJ

mikeyvegas
08-13-2004, 04:50 PM
HTML=High To Middle Limits

I always thought it was short for HyperText Markup Language. Shows you how much I know about poker.

lowroller
08-14-2004, 01:47 PM
I've been seeing this one lately that is not on the list:

YMMV??

uuDevil
08-14-2004, 08:20 PM
Perhaps too advanced, but I think

YMMV= Your Mileage May Vary