PDA

View Full Version : Preflop/River good. Flop/Turn Bad?

Rico Suave
08-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Button is unknown. BB is loose preflop.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Rico is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Rico raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Rico calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Rico checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Rico calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Rico checks, Button checks.

River: (6.16 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Rico calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 9.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.16 BB, between Rico, Button and BB.</font>

How do you play this differently?

--Rico

Barry
08-13-2004, 11:50 AM
I'd probably checkraise the flop and bet the turn.

sfer
08-13-2004, 12:00 PM
What he said.

Victor
08-13-2004, 12:24 PM
It seems obvious. I would bet the turn. Nothing can really go wrong by betting the turn, you likely have the best hand, you certainly have the best draw and your hand is not good enough to checkraise.

The river may seem like the BB missed his turn checkraise with a flopped flush but it is still an easy call due to the lack of aggression on the turn indicating he could have anything.

MoreWineII
08-13-2004, 12:27 PM
What they said.

me454555
08-13-2004, 12:34 PM
Agreed

Rico Suave
08-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Barry:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, everyone seems to agree with you. But let me make a fool of myself and play devil's advocate.

With the reasonable range of hands he holds AQ-AK, AA-TT, we are behind everyone of those. Granted our draw is huge, but with 2 callers the raise is more or less ev neutral on the draw alone. We will not get 3-bet by TT or JJ, and it is likely he will fold this on the turn, which is good, but we still have to deal with BB.

If he has AK, he might not 3-bet, but I doubt he will fold the to a turn bet.

Any other hand, he will 3-bet us on the flop, which may get rid of BB, but is that really worth the extra BB investment? It seems to me that we are going to have to hit our hand to win here the vast majority of the time. Why would I want to I want to commit more chips in this situation without a hand and without callers to pump my draw? I am sure I am missing something.....

I fully admit, I play too cautiously after being 3-bet....I often give them too much respect. Probably a big hole in my game.

--Rico

mikeyvegas
08-13-2004, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur.

busguy
08-13-2004, 01:35 PM
I would tend to lead out on the flop but I like the check raise for obvious reasons as well. Definate bet on the turn for me.

my 2 cents

/images/graemlins/smile.gif busguy

tolbiny
08-13-2004, 01:50 PM
I'm with the sheep.....

sfer
08-13-2004, 03:45 PM
With the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif you make it very hard for unimproved AK to call you there. You might also fold out AJ/TT/JJ/99. AQ will almost certainly call and QQ is the only hand that really contemplates 3-betting you there. I think the pot is big enough where folding out anyone and giving yourself 3 more Ace outs is worth the raise.