PDA

View Full Version : Weak Play, What should I do differently?

BassMan712
08-13-2004, 11:00 AM
4 Players left. Chip Leader (BB) has been trying to bully the table. A few hands ago, his chip lead was about 3000-4000.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed)

Hero (t2660)
Button (t1600)
SB (t4480)
BB (t4760)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, Button folds, SB calls t500, BB calls t400.

Flop: (t1800) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t1800) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets t1200</font>, Hero folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: t3000

Did I blow it by not betting the flop??? What's a good amount to bet if I do decide to bet???

tallstack
08-13-2004, 11:34 AM
FWIW, I would have pushed here PF. Both the blinds have big stacks and don't need that much of a hand to call if they are loose players. I wouldn't want callers with this hand.

On the flop, since both blinds felt their hands were good enough to call, but not to reraise, I would think there is a fair chance one of them has a king. If I were in the SB with a king I would have bet it out to get rid of the BB, but if I were in the BB I would likely check it to you and see if you would bluff at it.

That said, I would have gone all-in on the flop. You hit the flop pretty good for short handed play and you still have 5 outs plus your backdoor if you are behind. It's not great, but worth the bet, IMO.

On the turn, I would fold in your position. You can't really be sure of where you are now.