PDA

View Full Version : JJ meets surprise bet

Bill Smith
08-13-2004, 09:57 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

I assume I'm way ahead or way behind here.

River: (11.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Fear not the river ace? On what hands do you put BB and UTG?

Final Pot: 11.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.25 BB, between Hero, BB and UTG.</font>

BobH42
08-13-2004, 10:08 AM
I put BB on a A or K along with a 3 suited (probably in hearts since there's one on the board giving him a backdoor flush draw and bottom pair on the flop). UTG on a club draw. That bet when the 3 hits the board is either a bluff at having trips or trips, unless he's on a big pair (J's-K's) and was happy to see another undercard to his pair came out, but I doubt that.

sublime
08-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Raise the turn

SSH has a little tidbit on how/why fish play hands like this.

imsomoney
08-13-2004, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which section/pages? Those kind of bets always throw me off...

Alobar
08-13-2004, 03:16 PM
raise the turn, bet the river.

you can definately bet the river after its checked through on the turn, if he had a 3 do you think he is scared of an A?

Entity
08-13-2004, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the turn

[/ QUOTE ]
Which section is this? I'm almost finished with SSH but don't think I've seen what you're referring to.

Rob

xerostar
08-13-2004, 04:31 PM
I think the BB was betting out on the turn because he had a T or an 8, trying to push out the overcards that he assumed you or the UTG might have. The ace definitely scared him. He doesn't have an ace.

The UTG could have a T/8 with a low kicker, or just two overcards, like KJ or KQ. He could even have a pocket pair of 9s or so. I doubt he has an ace, but it could be possible.

Bill Smith
08-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Well, good intuition by you guys, and I guess yet another example where I need to get SSHE. (hopefully this Thursday it gets here)

BB shows J /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG shows Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

MHIG

Nemesis
08-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Page 167 footnote is the tidbit he's talkign about. Raise the turn, and bet the river when checked to. I think the river especially is a clear value bet that you missed.