PDA

View Full Version : Ed Millers SSH, which PreFlop recomendations to follow?

Bateman
08-13-2004, 09:07 AM
I suppose that the preflop recomendations on pages 80 - 83 maybe isn't supposed to be taken litteraly, but still I have a few questions.

For example he suggest that in a tight game, early position, the pot has been raised and reraised, you should PLAY AA - QQ, AKs, but you should also RAISE the very same hands.
What determines the correct way to act in that situation?

There are many more examples when I'm recomended to both raise or call with the same hand.
AA - TT in an unraised pot for example.

razor
08-13-2004, 09:21 AM
The way I read the charts is that the hands under PLAY are the set of hands you would play (call or raise) facing a raise and re-raise, and the hands under RAISE are the subset of hands you would PLAY that you would raise with, any hands under PLAY but not under RAISE you would call with.

Since the same hands are under both... any hand you would play you would raise.

I hope that makes sense.

kevyk
08-13-2004, 11:49 AM
I read it the same way. You have to play a hand in order to raise with it, after all.

Beavis68
08-13-2004, 12:23 PM
I agree, he is saying to always play for for a raise - always raise with them.

Rudbaeck
08-13-2004, 01:49 PM
Well, all hands you could call a reraised pot with in EP are hands you should cap with instead. If it's three bets to you in UTG+2 and you are going to play your hand, cap.

If advice says to both raise and call, raise. For some hands you need to read that specific hands advice instead of just staring at the chart. There are a few hands that should be raised after 1-2 limpers, but only called after 3-5.

MicroBob
08-13-2004, 04:14 PM
when it says to 'play' these hands that is NOT the same as 'calling'. 'call' is one of the options if you are going to 'play'. 'raise' is another option if you are going to 'play'.

so...after he lists which hands to 'play' you need to go to the next list to determine if you are going to 'call' or 'raise'.

in your example, it so happens that all the hands that you would 'play' are hands that you would 'raise' with. in other words, there are NO hands that you would cold-call with here....you are either going to re-raise or fold.