PDA

View Full Version : Who bets this flop?

Saborion
08-13-2004, 08:47 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets $9 (All-In)</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (16.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="green">Do you bet this flop? </font>

MAxx
08-13-2004, 10:40 AM
My thoughts process would be (for better or worse):

1) I sure would like that pot

2) While I had very goot starting hand- flop didn't hit me real goot

3) I would like to take a stab at this pot, but there are 5 players and I don't think everyone will fold to my lead.

4) If I do lead, I may get raised or reraised... in which case I think I pissing away money.

5) I better check and see how things develop, and I may be able to continue for one bet.

6) sure would have been nice if my AQs was really a 77

7) or better yet a 66

8) what else is on tv?

Haupt_234
08-13-2004, 10:44 AM
9) Why is party poker beeping at me?

I check through Saborion, since it isn't likely you will take the pot down right there with 5 other people in the pot on a highly textured board.

Haupt_234

Boylermaker
08-13-2004, 10:59 AM
check.

balkii
08-13-2004, 02:15 PM
sab - you've got a big pot, a backdoor flush draw, 2 overcards that will either be completely live or next-to-dead, and a small chance of holding the best hand. I'd bet, but then I always convince myself to bet in these situations. I'm an overcard pushing LAG.

So don't take my advice.

bisonbison
08-13-2004, 02:18 PM
Am I the only one who caps preflop?

MarkL444
08-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Thats just what I was thinking. MP3 is obviously just being an idiot with his last chips and probably has a marginal hand (QTo-ish). Reraise with what is the usually the best hand.

MoreWineII
08-13-2004, 02:24 PM
No.

MoreWineII
08-13-2004, 02:32 PM
I'm with you, I'd like to say that I wouldn't bet.

But I probably would. Depends on table texture.

scotnt73
08-13-2004, 02:34 PM
id pass. if i was in position and i knew it would be just 1 bet then id see the turn but not with 5 behind me.

StellarWind
08-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Not capping is a terrible error. The all-in 3-bet is not a real raise. MP3 has made a frivolous error and it is only fair that all the other limpers be made to suffer for it /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Bet the flop. This is a tough flop to fit. The odds are we have both the best hand and the best draw. Why on Earth should we check?

Saborion
08-13-2004, 08:26 PM
I should've capped pre-flop, yes. Easy cap.

Anyway. At the flop I thought something like this.
"I have two overcards and a backdoor flush draw. There's a decent chance I have the best hand atm, and I will have to call if I check and someone bet, so I'm better of betting myself, keeping the initiative."
So I bet. And they all called.
Turn K /images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif) 9 BB's.
"Ok. Now I don't believe I'm in the lead anymore. Time to give up". So I checked, UTG+1 check, MP2 bet, CO call, I fold, UTG+1 call.
River T /images/graemlins/club.gif (K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif)
UTG+1 check, MP2 bet, UTG+1 fold.

MP3 had 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
MP2 had T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and took it down with his rivered pair.

<font color="green">So, cap pre-flop, and that's easy. Bet the flop I think it's easy as well, since I may have the best hand and since I'd have to call anyway if someone else bet. The turn though. What else to do when called in all places? </font>

Garland
08-13-2004, 08:48 PM
I know this is results oriented, but if you bet, I'm sure you're getting them all to call. By the turn, there would be over 10 big bets. Then 9Ts would have had the odds to call the gutshot.

Truth is, I don't know if it's proper to bet out as I'm not sure I have the best hand or draw. I'd probably wait to see if there's any betting on the flop. If it's checked through, I might take a stab at it on the turn no matter what card comes down making anyone think that I wouldn't dare make a turn bet into a dry side pot and that the all-in player is protecting them.

Garland

TripleH68
08-13-2004, 11:29 PM
LOLOLOL! /images/graemlins/grin.gif