PDA

View Full Version : Pro names

Ledererfan
08-13-2004, 02:18 AM
Do the following pros ever post here, and do they go by aliases? If so, what are their aliases? Anyone know?
Howard Lederer
Phil Gordon
Phil Ivey
Doyle Brunson
Phil Helmuth
Jennifer Harmon (sp?)
Kathy Liebert

The above is not all inclusive, I'd be interested in seeing many more pros' posts here.

Thanks all

Andy B
08-13-2004, 02:29 AM
Doyle had a few posts a number of years ago. I don't think any of the others have, although someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Lots of pros post here, just not the ones you see on TV.

uuDevil
08-13-2004, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lots of pros post here, just not the ones you see on TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is not to say you haven't seen or won't see some posters on TV: Gotmilk, Fossilman, 2005, Mason Malmuth, David Sklansky. According to Mason, Dan Harrington may post some when his book comes out.

Also, I think I saw a couple of Daniel Negraneau posts a while back. And Ray Zee has to count. Of course there are the authors, Lee Jones, Ed Miller, Randy Burgess, John Feeney, Al Schoonmaker. There are probably other "celebrities" who are anonymous.

Edit: Also Annie Duke and Paul Phillips posted recently.

Moyer
08-13-2004, 03:03 AM
There are probably big names that post under aliases, so none of us will know who they are. Many big names used to post on RGP before it became almost totally useless.

I'd bet that most of them at least lurk on this site from time to time.

With the recent uproar of Dutch Boyd lovers vs everyone else, I wouldn't be surprised if some "crew" members were posting here.

Moyer
08-13-2004, 03:05 AM
Hey! How could you forget Noted Poker Authority Ed Miller???! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

uuDevil
08-13-2004, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey! How could you forget Noted Poker Authority Ed Miller???! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's the company he's keeping /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
...Lee Jones, Ed Miller, Randy Burgess....

[/ QUOTE ]

Note to self: don't make any more of these lists.

Vehn
08-13-2004, 03:15 AM
Well I don't know about anyone else but I'm honored to post on the same site as Ed Miller.

scotnt73
08-13-2004, 09:07 AM
if i was one of the famous players i would not post under my real name. what would be the point. too many trolls. you would never be able to actually post as a normal member of the community.

James Boston
08-13-2004, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Doyle had a few posts a number of years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Any links?

bernie
08-13-2004, 09:42 AM
This isn't a fan site.

Many of the pros that post here you won't know and probably never heard of. Does that make their advice any less relevant? If it is, you're on the wrong site.

You can find alot of discussion aboug Phil H. on here though.

b

uuDevil
08-13-2004, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if i was one of the famous players i would not post under my real name. what would be the point. too many trolls. you would never be able to actually post as a normal member of the community.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point. But I actually think they would be treated ok for the most part. After all, Malmuth, Sklansky, and Fossilman, etc. are mostly treated fine (though they probably do get some unnecessary crap). After Annie Duke showed up in person, a lot of the nasty posts about her died down. Paul Phillips posted a rant and was treated with at least minimal civility.

Having said this, I can still understand why they would prefer annonymity.

scotnt73
08-13-2004, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point. But I actually think they would be treated ok for the most part. After all, Malmuth, Sklansky, and Fossilman, etc. are mostly treated fine (though they probably do get some unnecessary crap). After Annie Duke showed up in person, a lot of the nasty posts about her died down. Paul Phillips posted a rant and was treated with at least minimal civility.

Having said this, I can still understand why they would prefer annonymity.

[/ QUOTE ]

does anyone have a link to the paul phillips rant? id like to read it. thanks.

fsuplayer
08-13-2004, 02:32 PM
I dont have the link, but look under WPT forum (i think) under a title that's something like..."Barry Greenstein is my favorite player."

good luck

fsuplayer

uuDevil
08-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Yep. Actually he had two posts in that thread:

Flame followed by rant. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=877116&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1)

He's an articulate dude.

Moyer
08-13-2004, 05:57 PM
I guess I missed that. In the future, be sure to include his NPA title so there is no confusion.

Mike Gallo
08-14-2004, 10:57 AM
The above is not all inclusive, I'd be interested in seeing many more pros' posts here.

These type of posts make me laugh. Do you mean poker pro or poker celebrity. If you mean a pro as someone who makes their living from playing poker, then we have a lot of pros here. If you mean a celebrity, who needs them if they do not give solid advice.

Check out Dynasty, Vehn, the noted poker authority Ed Miller, JTG, and Homer to name just a few. I would consider all of them "pros" and I would take their advice before Layne Flack or Phil Hellmuths advice any day.

Oh how I miss the days of anonymity.

beerbandit
08-14-2004, 12:00 PM
he has posted in some of the oldest archives several times. i feel that everyone should read all of the older archives. not only will it save time and space by not repaeating posts mutltiple times (some new discussion is often good) but some of the repetition is ridiculous. the topics and discussion is priceless

beer